Lead Product Designer
Teachable is looking to expand our product team and bring on a Lead Product Designer! We're a small, tight-knit team of smart people who like to get a lot done with minimal overhead. We collaborate on roadmap, design, and architecture, and are on a mission to revolutionize education.
In collaboration with the team, you’ll work directly on a product that impacts thousands of instructors and millions of students. You will work to design and ship a beautiful product to meet the needs of a massively growing user base.
As lead product designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product design and development process, from brainstorming the next great product feature, building scalable design system across parts of the app, to suggested design tweaks during the QA process. You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills.
As a member of the Product team, you will be leading Product Design at Teachable. This role will include:
- Collaborating with engineers, designers, product managers, data, leadership, and key stakeholders to design and ship an exceptional product.
- Building and improving quality design systems, workflows, wireframes, mockups and documentation for features.
- Scaling and mentoring a high functioning, collaborative design team to meet the evolving requirements of good design across our multiple products.
- 5+ years of experience as an exceptional product designer with proven tack record leading design on multiple interconnected products.
- 1-2+ years of experience leading a design team at a 10+ person technology company.
- Experience designing for SaaS software or, at minimum, operationally complicated software (i.e. products beyond single-purpose apps).
- Experience building and maintaining complex design systems, style guides and workflows.
- Extensive mastery of Sketch, Photoshop and other design collaboration tools.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and planning abilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work well with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to wear multiple hats and go beyond your own role.
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform which lets course creators build and sell courses on any topic, from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Our thousands of instructors have earned more than $35M, and we have grown 5x in the past year with a 7-figure run rate. We’ve also raised $8.5M from a group of top venture investors.
At Teachable, you will have the freedom to do your job and will be an integral member of our tight-knit team. If you want to do something you believe will help us grow, you don’t need to ask a hundred people for permission. And you can do it all in our beautiful office near Union Square, with great benefits and perks.
You’ll also get access to an ever-growing base of online educators, and your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Perks and Benefits
- Flexible work hours and ability to work from home
- Competitive salary and comprehensive health benefits (for individuals and families)
- Discretionary vacation & time off; competitive parental leave
- Company activities and outings
- Beautiful office near Union Square, your own standing desk or other workspace
- Tax-free commuter benefits
- Employee discounts
- Gym or wellness match benefits