Legal Counsel US
Are you interested in building international legal operations in a high-growth B2B SaaS firm? Here’s a unique opportunity to be part of Smartly.io’s global legal team!
Smartly.io is a fast-growing SaaS company aiming to be the best and nicest place for the most talented people to work and learn. Our team is currently +170 people strong and we have employees from over 20 different countries. We have over 600 customers globally, including eBay, Nelly.com, Bootz.com, Skyscanner, Foodpanda, Zalora etc. As a Facebook Marketing Partner, we're building an automation and optimization tool for the largest Facebook advertisers globally. Our offices are located in Helsinki, Berlin, San Francisco, New York, Buenos Aires and Singapore. These offices are constantly growing and each country has their own laws and practices.
We are looking for a motivated Legal Counsel to join our New York office to ensure that the processes related to commercial growth run smoothly. This Legal Counsel will be the first legal hire to US, part of the global legal team and will report to the group’s General Counsel.
Please send your application by 30th of November. The position may be filled before the application period ends. We will hire to the position as soon as the right person is found.
>> Would you like to work in a flat, transparent company with real opportunities to have an impact on the future of its business? Have a look at how we practice transparency: https://www.smartly.io/blog/extreme-transparency-in-practice
>> Learn more about our company culture and how we work at smartly.io/culturehandbook
We're definitely looking for you, if you have:
- JD degree from a recognized U.S. law school and licensed to practice in New York or California state bars, or Master of Laws degree from Finnish Law School.
- 5+ years of experience (including at least 3 years with a nationally recognized law firm) drafting and negotiating technology and commercial agreements in the US, including but not limited to: SaaS and cloud-based agreements as well as agreements relating to advertising agencies/management.
- Specific experience in a SaaS and advertising management/agency related legal issues, data protection and social media marketing is highly valued.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong deal-making skills that go beyond negotiating legal terms and resolving legal issues.
- Ability to change complex legal requirements into flexible business solutions.
- Detail-orientation and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- Significant experience counseling global organizations on commercial contract and compliance issues.
- Ability to deliver in a demanding and entrepreneurial environment in a timely manner.
- Hands-on team player.
As a Legal Counsel at Smartly.io, you will
- Prepare, draft, review and negotiate customer contracts and other legal documents. Especial focus in SaaS and advertising management customer contracts.
- Handle administration and resolution of legal issues that arise in the business.
- Manage external counsels in the US in co-operation with General Counsel.
- Anticipate and mitigate potential legal problems within the organization and developing strategies to avoid litigation and reduce potential areas of risk.
- Provide practical advice and support to sales, finance, HR, and operations teams.
- Drive the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Read Full Job Description