Legal Systems Analyst
About the Role
The Legal Systems Analyst serves as a primary contact for any questions related to how systems work from both a business and technical perspective. The analyst partners with business liaisons to translate software requirements into technical specifications and partners with software vendors to design and configure Legal SaaS and application systems. This team member will work collaboratively with Legal and Corp Technology WeWork team members to also learn and support applications such as the Legal Contract Management system, BluePrint (entity management system), DocuSign, SimpleLegal and the Document Management solution.
The analyst also performs basic cost-benefit calculations, project plans, interdependency analysis, and prioritization exercises related to systems changes. The analyst supports the Legal Systems manager in implementing new systems, upgrading and supporting current systems, merging duplicate systems and integrating multiple systems.
- Partners with the legal team and technical teams to understand and define system goals and technical system requirements
- Supports and administers legal systems including but not limited to Contract Management, Document Management, BluePrint, SimpleLegal, DocuSign
- Liaise between legal/business and technical teams, analyze and elicit requirements, prepare comprehensive documentation and act as a facilitator
- Creates technical specifications and processes using structured analysis (e.g. flow charts, epics/stories, etc.)
- Partners with software vendors to fully leverage all features and functions
- Participates in system and user acceptance testing efforts
- Builds standards, processes and procedures, and guidelines for business users
- Supports activities associated with merging teams, people, and processes into standard enterprise systems.
- Assists legal users to evaluate cost-benefit and ROI analyses
- Understands system interdependencies and collaborates with project teams accordingly
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related and 3+ years of relevant legal systems experience
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and changing business requirements
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot problems that may arise in systems
- Ability to partner with software vendors, infrastructure engineers to identify course of resolutions
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent project management and prioritization skills
- Strong communication skills
- In-depth understanding of iterative software development methodologies
- Demonstrated experience writing software requirement specifications and test specifications