Assistant General Counsel, Litigation & Employment at Celonis
The time is now to start your next career step at Celonis, one of the fastest growing global tech companies worldwide
Celonis is the leader in business transformation software - the Execution Management Systems (EMS) lifts barriers to execution capacity to maximize business performance. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis EMS helps companies manage every facet of execution management from analytics, to strategy and planning, management, actions and automations. For Global 2000 companies, transforming to an intelligent enterprise has become a key strategic priority. Celonis disrupted what had previously been a manual, time-consuming and expensive consulting-driven approach to jump-start and operationalize change in transformation initiatives. Celonis has thousands of global customers including ABB, AstraZeneca, Bosch, Coca Cola, Citibank, Dell, GSK, John Deere, L’Oreal, Siemens, Uber, Vodafone, and Whirlpool. Particularly in these uncertain times Celonis plays an impactful role in helping customers to use their execution capacity the best way possible.
Celonis is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York, US, and has in total 15 offices worldwide.The company has grown 5,000% in 4 years and 300% in the past year. Celonis now counts as a Decacorn, having raised $1 billion in our most recent funding round in June 2021, valuing the company at more than $11 billion. Since opening its US headquarter in New York in September 2016 it has quickly added blue chip customers like Lockheed Martin, ExxonMobil, Honeywell, and Mars to its client roster. The US is the fastest growing region for Celonis and will soon exceed 50% of its total revenue, and therefore expanding US offices in New York, San Francisco, Raleigh, as well as Toronto, Canada, and Latin America.
We are hiring an Assistant General Counsel – Employment & Litigation to support our organization. The Assistant General Counsel, Litigation & Employment will be a part of the Legal and Compliance organization and report to the Chief Legal Officer. This experienced leader will partner across our global organization, working with the CLO and leaders across the company to manage all litigation and employment matters, including providing strategic advice to the senior leaders across the organization. A successful candidate will be expected to provide pragmatic, creative, collaborative and solution-oriented Legal support throughout the company; will have a strong business sense and have experience working as a self-starter in an environment that is fast-paced, business and results-oriented and team focused.
- Provide timely and practical legal advice to meet employment needs of company, with specific expertise in MA employment laws and requirements.
- Support HR leadership team, providing strategic legal advice on employment topics.
- Provide day-to-day guidance to HR team members and business leaders on variety of employment topics, including hiring, performance management, leaves of absence and accommodations, wage and hour, discipline and termination, compensation, and benefits.
- Review and enhance employee policies, procedures, handbooks and training to ensure compliance with applicable employment laws and regulations and advise HR and Compliance leadership teams about necessary programmatic changes.
- Partner with HR and Compliance to provide employment law advice relating to internal investigations.
- Handle federal and state EEO agency charges, including investigating claims, drafting position statements, and responding to information requests.
- Manage employment-related litigation, including responding to attorney demand letters, negotiating early resolution of claims, where possible, and retaining and overseeing outside counsel to minimize disruption to the business and ensure cost-effective representation.
- Manage regulatory enforcement investigations and actions, including reviewing and analyzing documents and data, responding to agency information requests, and making recommendations to HR and senior management on necessary corrective action.
- Manage business litigation matters, including setting litigation strategy with outside counsel, overseeing discovery activities to minimize disruption to the business, managing matters to budget, and formulating efficient resolution options.
- Manage internal and government investigations, including conducting interviews, reviewing and analyzing documents and data, and reporting to stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Provide legal advice on, and negotiate resolution of, pre-litigation matters.
- Assess legal risks and develop strategic solutions to protect the company’s interests
- BA/BS and JD
- Minimum of 10 years of employment and litigation experience, including some global experience
- Mix of roles at a law firm and in-house preferred
- Ability to pragmatically weigh risks and benefits of complex situations
- Attitude that no project is too big or too small
- Comfort working in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Enjoys working with people and forging strong relationships
- Strong experience creating and scaling processes and policies for a rapidly growing company
- ... see people as the fundamental pillar of our success. Therefore, we invest into the personal growth and skill development of each individual alongside with the strength finder test
- … offer attractive compensation models (best-in-class salary, stock option packages, employee referral bonus, family service, flexible working hours, …)
- ... are visionary and one of the fastest growing Software-Unicorns in the world
- … are experts in the field of Process Mining - the new Celonis Execution Management System provides a set of instruments and applications: the EMS offerings help companies manage every facet of execution management from analytics, to strategy and planning, management, actions and automations
- ... distinguish ourselves through a unique combination of innovative start-up atmosphere paired with great professionalism and self-responsible work
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better. Have a look at our Diversity statement.