Assistant General Counsel, Sales at Procore Technologies
We’re looking for a bright, energetic, business-minded, and self-motivated Assistant General Counsel, Sales to join Procore’s Legal Department. As a critical member of our globally growing Go-to-Market commercial legal team, you’ll provide broad commercial support to the Sales organization. You’ll guide complex transactions with customers through review, negotiation, and execution.
Working in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving, high-volume environment, you’ll partner with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure we are providing exceptional sales enablement and accelerating deal velocity. This is a tremendous opportunity to leverage your passion for technology and deep knowledge of commercial SaaS contracts to provide practical and solutions-oriented advice to clients, effectively calculate potential risks, manage workloads, and prioritize multiple client demands.
This position reports to our Associate General Counsel, Go-to-Market, and has the opportunity to be based in any of our U.S. office locations. Remote candidates will be considered based on experience. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Draft, review and negotiate complex commercial and SaaS sales agreements (e.g., MSAs/subscription service agreements, term of use, public sector commercial agreements, professional services agreements, channel agreements, partner agreements, data processing agreements, assignment and assumption agreements, statements of work, order forms, NDAs and other commercial agreements)
- Provide practical, commercial advice to global sales executives and internal stakeholders on a variety of Sales- and support-related legal issues, balancing business objectives with legal risks, including identifying, managing, and communicating risks and opportunities in revenue transactions and analyzing and interpreting complex business and legal contractual provisions
- Use your considerable experience to help shape business and legal terms, deal structures and to help improve transaction processes and practices to support innovation, achieve better outcomes and enhance transaction velocity without material increase in risk
- Maintain and continuously refine forms, playbooks, fallback guides, guidelines, research files, FAQs, policies, processes, procedures, and other tools essential to the efficient and effective functioning of the Legal GTM function
- Onboard, train, and manage outside counsel that augments the commercial legal team, as needed
- Be accountable to the Legal GTM function’s SLAs and other KPIs to ensure the function’s continuous high performance
- Deliver training and education to the Sales and Customer Success organizations on, as applicable, agreement forms, provisions, negotiation best practices, greater effectiveness, and other relevant legal and Sales enablement issues
- Stay abreast, and advise on potential impacts of new and proposed SaaS, cloud computing and commercial law developments, industry trends, and best practices in the markets in which we operate
What we’re looking for:
- J.D. required, 8+ years of transactional commercial legal experience supporting SaaS sales in a corporate environment or a leading law firm
- Extensive experience drafting, reviewing, and negotiating complex commercial and SaaS sales agreements globally, preferably with a company of significant size and scale and with large global enterprise customers
- Track record of success in executing in a fast-paced, high volume growing global sales environment
- Comfortable negotiating data privacy agreements, including a working knowledge of GDPR and CCPA as they relate to commercial contracts
- Deep understanding of SaaS business models, sales motions and commercial negotiation best practices, and familiarity with revenue recognition and related SaaS accounting standards, processes, systems, issues, and terminology
- Strong desire to develop a detailed understanding of Procore, our products, and our industry, with the intent of aligning advice and decisions with the company’s strategic objectives
- Demonstrated track record of motivating and influencing both internal and external stakeholders
- Adept at explaining complex legal concepts in a clear, concise manner to stakeholders who may have minimal legal knowledge using oral, written, and visual presentations
- Must be admitted, active, and in good standing with the state bar in which the position is located, or with another state bar and registered, or eligible to register, as in-house counsel with the state bar in which the position is located
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: generous paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan, enrichment and development programs, and friends and family events.