Associate Corporate Counsel
They say "sitting is the new smoking". We're here to get more people moving...
Gympass is a discovery platform that empowers companies to engage their workforce in physical activity by providing access to the largest global network of workout facilities. With a single monthly membership, companies can help employees find an activity they'll love among more than 600 activities across the U.S., Europe, and Latin America. Our goal is to multiply the number of people exercising at every company to create a healthier and more engaged workforce.
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York, we have a growing team in 30 offices around the world. Our mission is simple yet ambitious: defeat inactivity, and we know the only way to get there is together, partnering with companies, gyms and having the best talent.
We are looking for an experienced Associate Corporate Counsel to join our growing legal team in our NYC office. The Associate Corporate Counsel will work with other members of the legal team, to create and implement procedures for and assisting with the administration of contract management, organization and documentation.
The Associate Corporate Counsel will work with the General Counsel, to create and implement procedures for and assisting with the administration of contract management, organization, and documentation.
What You'll Do...
- Providing the most responsive legal procedure and advice to carry out the
company's business and protect company`s interests and rights
- Identifying risks and causes of the main legal contingencies or exposures and
- Informing local, regional and headquarters internal clients of eventual changes in
legislation and jurisprudence that might impact business
- Creating and implementing procedures for and assisting with the administration of
contract management, organization, and documentation
- Drafting and negotiating a variety of coverage area-specific commercial
agreements, including license, vendor, technology, master services, confidentiality
and other agreements, and supporting the Sales team's negotiation of applicable
privacy, data security and IP provisions
FAQs and related communications, and implementing appropriate processes
applicable to the foregoing
- Adopting preventive measures to avoid legal contingencies and disputes in all
areas of law
- Analyzing and managing lawsuits and define actions, defense and litigation
- Providing legal support on compliance issues, training and investigations
You Should Have....
- 3-5 years of relevant experience (preference for at least one year at a leading law
firm or in-house at a technology or Internet company)
- Law degree from an accredited university
- Must be admitted, active and in good standing with the New York State bar
- Strong general commercial contract skills and experience
- Flexibility/adaptability and a willingness to work on a broad range of matters and
take on projects outside of core areas.
- Ability to effectively multitask, re-prioritize, and work independently to meet
deadlines and drive agreements to a conclusion, while remaining calm under
- Strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills and the ability to
perform in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Possess a high degree of integrity and the ability to maintain the strictest level of
- Excellent written, oral and negotiation communication skills and superb judgment
- Responsive and service-oriented attitude
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and welfare of our employees. Our benefits include:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Gympass membership, workout anywhere anytime for the cost of one lunch
- Competitive PTO, sick time, company-observed holidays and a floating holiday
- Paid parental leave
- Education reimbursement program
- Outstanding opportunities for personal growth and career development
- An exciting and supportive atmosphere with intelligent (hey, at least we think so) and ambitious people from around the world!
Gympass is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Gympass does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.