Associate Counsel at TrialSpark
TrialSpark is a technology company that brings new medical treatments to patients faster by reimagining the clinical trial process.
Today, a clinical trial can cost more than $100M and take 10 years to complete, bottlenecking the development of new treatments for patients. We’re fundamentally changing how trials are run, rethinking the trial process both from a technology and operational perspective. To achieve this, we’re bringing together talent from top technology, service, and healthcare companies to work side by side.
Talent is critical to TrialSpark’s mission and success. Improving clinical research is one of the most impactful problems to be working on, and it requires the best and the brightest. We’re a team of mission-oriented, ambitious, yet humble individuals working in a dynamic space and growing fast.
As the third lawyer on the team, you will focus on corporate matters but should expect to work on any number of legal topics/tasks with stakeholders across the company. Responsibilities include, without limitation and subject to revision at TrialSpark’s sole discretion at any time and for any reason or no reason (that’s a joke (but we do mix things up like all the time)):
- Perform the range of corporate tasks, such as drafting board approvals for equity grants, board resolutions, ratifications, etc.
- Amend and refile governance documents
- Draft and file incorporation documents for subsidiaries and other entities
- Project manage/conduct due diligence for various workflows
- Draft, negotiate, and otherwise drive contracts, such as licensing/purchase transactions, and agreements with clinical organizations, pharmaceutical entities, and strategic partners
- Maintain and manage corporate documents and resources
- Advise on finance-related questions, such as 701 analysis and 409a valuation
- Distill complex legal concepts for legal and non-legal colleagues
- Exercise pragmatic, risk-based, and adaptable judgment to prioritize work and obligations
- Judiciously outsource to external attorneys and supervise their work product
- A law degree from a top-tier law school and qualified to practice law in-house in New York
- 3-5 years experience at a law firm and/or in house, ideally at a startup
- Meaningful understanding of corporate governance and experience performing related tasks
- You are a high growth learner who’s scrappy, flexible, and self-motivated
- General technical aptitude to understand and represent the company’s technology interests
- Service-orientation, but able to advocate for and drive issues independently
- A team player who works well with non-legal stakeholders
- Strong conceptual and critical thinking skills
- Eye for organization but also efficiency
- Great sense of humor
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.