Associate General Counsel - Corporate at Moda Operandi
About the Team
The LEGAL team enables Moda Operandi to realize its vision of empowering style through exceptional design. The team provides responsive, collaborative, high-quality legal services and sound business solutions to our partners across all areas of Moda Operandi, including corporate governance, financial reporting, relationships with vendors, employment law, intellectual property, real estate transactions, GDPR, CCPA, insurance, tax, customs, and others. The team ensures we are operating in-line with Moda Operandi’s vision, mission, strategies, and objectives.
About the Job
As a member of the Legal team, you will be responsible for a wide range of corporate matters, including legal oversight of complex corporate transactions, securities law matters, corporate governance, agreements with vendors, and other legal matters as they arise, spanning the breadth of Moda Operandi’s products and services. You will report directly to the General Counsel and Corporate Secretary. The successful candidate must be able to effectively work cross-functionally with several teams throughout Moda Operandi.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee all legal aspects of sophisticated corporate transactions and complex commercial agreements.
- Provide transaction support, counseling and program support for global privacy and data protection compliance and strategic initiatives across the company.
- Advise on corporate finance matters, including reviewing financial reports and disclosures to investors and lenders.
- Support corporate governance and administration, including preparing Board of Director materials and corporate resolutions, and administering corporate records.
- Advise business clients on legal issues and risks, company policies, and business strategy.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including finance, tax, accounting, IT, strategy, supply chain, and procurement.
- Oversee and collaborate with outside counsel.
- Develop and manage legal budgets related to corporate matters.
- Others as may be determined by the General Counsel.
Education and Experience
- JD from an ABA-accredited law school and a member in good standing of the N.Y. or California Bar.
- At least 2 + years of professional experience in a law firm and/or in-house legal department with experience in commercial agreements.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to be proactive and self-motivated while practicing sound judgment.
- Experience in overseeing, negotiating and documenting corporate transactions and complex commercial agreements, including collaboration with internal stakeholders.
- Outstanding analytical, organizational, negotiation, and drafting skills.
- Excellent legal and business judgment, strategic thinking, and ability to manage multiple matters, with a willingness and curiosity to understand the business and other areas of the law.
- Detail-oriented, business-friendly, and a team player, with an ability to accommodate tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to assess risk along and offer pragmatic advice to the business.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently.
- Experience in leading teams and fostering a high-performance culture with a focus on professional growth and development.
- Ability to adapt, innovate, collaborate and think strategically.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, possessing both the ability to influence and interact effectively with management at all levels of the organization.
- Prior experience with e-commerce, technology, or fashion companies is a plus.
- Experience with licensing agreements.
- Experience with privately financed companies.