Noom is a leading global digital health company focused on helping people live healthier lives through behavior change. We’re a mission-driven, high-growth organization that’s powered by science, technology, and world-class talent.
Our legal team is looking for an exceptionally talented Associate General Counsel, to own Regulatory, Litigation and Labor. In this role, you will be responsible for establishing organization-wide processes, supporting Noom’s teams with their legal and compliance needs, giving advice and making sure that Noom is complying with applicable privacy and regulatory regimes. You’ll work directly with our General Counsel, as well as with leaders from across the company.
What you’ll be doing:
- Planning and building Litigation, Labor, Regulatory legal function to scale and hiring a team of counsels to support the business growth;
- Managing and drive strategy for a wide range of compliance, intellectual property, employment and litigation issues;
- Collaborate with and manage outside counsels;
- Advise the company on copyright, trademark, and related non-patent IP issues;
- Manage and actively participate in internal discovery activities;
- Ensure ongoing compliance with IP and labour regulations;
- Supporting international and ops teams on international expansions and M&As;
- Training and educating the Company’s business teams on legal issues relating to its IP, Labor and litigation, including playbooks and FAQs.
- 7+ years of relevant experience ideally in Litigation, Employment, and Regulatory law;
- At least 2 years of in-house experience at a fast-paced technology company, ideally managing other legal team members;
- Demonstrated experience partnering with and providing timely support to in-house business clients;
- JD from accredited U.S. law school; licensed in good standing with a state bar;
- Experience developing creative solutions to navigate complex legal issues to both protect the company and drive Noom’s business forward;
- Has the ability to prioritize and manage multiple matters simultaneously in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, rapidly-scaling environment;
- Creative thinker who is comfortable with change and ambiguity, and is able to bring a first principles approach to building scalable processes;
- Able to manage stakeholder requests and expectations and balance the requirements of internal teams, compliance needs, and external stakeholders;
- Able to communicate clearly and productively with non-legal stakeholders.
More About Noom
At Noom, we believe that the individual is the greatest force for good, not just in their health but in unlocking their fullest potential. We apply the same principles inside Noom. Across our dynamic organization, we empower our teams to execute on big ideas and we start and end each day with responsibility to make the world a healthier place. Fortune, Inc., Glassdoor, and Crain’s have all named Noom a Best Place to Work including being named on Fortune’s lists for Best Workplaces in New York, Best Workplaces in Technology, Best Workplaces for Women, and Best Workplaces for Millennials.