At DailyPay, we are helping to reinvent the employee experience, starting with its most basic component — pay. We do this by disrupting archaic and transactional payroll processes and creating innovative ways for employees to access and save their earned income, before payday. Through engaging and enriching relationships with our partners, we have become the leader in providing employees on-demand access to their earned income — across all industries — allowing them to exert greater control over their pay and to improve their financial health.
Our mission is made possible by DailyPay’s most important asset: our people. We come together through collaboration and ambition in a team-driven culture. Through the success of our product, we have seen monumental growth in our workforce, and we constantly look for exceptional talent to join us. At DailyPay, you are challenged with dynamic tasks that drive your professional development and career growth. Join us on our journey to deliver an innovative pay experience and to empower America’s workforce with the ability to truly harness the power of their pay and take control of their financial lives.
DailyPay is seeking a high-performing, collaborative, and enthusiastic attorney to provide transactional and legal support to DailyPay’s fast-growing business, focusing on privacy and data security. The attorney will report directly to DailyPay’s General Counsel and will work closely with various DailyPay departments, including legal, compliance, policy, finance, product, and sales.
If this opportunity excites you, we encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the
- Work with DailyPay’s data security team to draft, update, and manage the company’s privacy policies and procedures and maintain compliance with CCPA and other applicable privacy and data security regimes.
- Draft, negotiate, and review complex commercial agreements, including technology, licensing, SaaS, data security, and privacy agreements.
- Ensure that DailyPay’s policies and procedures are followed and that all transaction documentation complies with company policies and applicable laws and regulations.
- Create and implement company-wide compliance training programs.
- Provide legal and regulatory advice to senior management and other company stakeholders.
- 5+ years of legal experience, including at a top law firm and/or in-house experience with internet or technology companies.
- Extensive experience in privacy, data security, and compliance matters.
- Extensive experience in drafting and negotiating complex commercial and technology agreements.
- Litigation experience a strong plus.
- Superb interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage a high volume of work.
- Ability to move fast and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with a growing team.
- Possesses sound legal judgment, commercial awareness, and business acumen.
- Demonstrates the highest degree of professionalism, integrity, and ethical judgment.
- Juris Doctor degree from an ABA-accredited, nationally recognized top law school and admission to the New York bar.
- Competitive compensation
- Exceptional health, vision, and dental care
- Employee Resource Groups
- Fun company outings and events
- Unlimited books from Amazon
- Unlimited PTO
- 401K with company match
DailyPay does not accept and will not review unsolicited resumes from search firms.
The Content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice.
DailyPay is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, political affiliation, marital or partnership status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth (or related medical conditions), sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, genetic disorder, genetic predisposition, carrier status, military status, familial status, or domestic violence victim status and any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws.