Associate General Counsel
We’re shaping the way companies manage data by helping customers connect the right data, insights, and algorithms for all Data Citizens. When everyone across the organization is enabled with data, true transformation can take place. We are building a team of exceptional people to help us deliver on that promise. If you are interested in a career at the leading edge of technology, we look forward to hearing from you.How you'll make an impact at Collibra:
Collibra is looking for an experienced Associate General Counsel to join its growing legal team and to be responsible for the end-to-end management of the Company’s commercial contracting function worldwide. Working closely with internal stakeholders, the Associate General Counsel will be responsible for ensuring the review, negotiation, drafting and execution of a variety of complex commercial and technology agreements, as well as driving Field team enablement, technology adoption for the commercial contracting function and thought leadership. The position reports to the General Counsel and will require management of a growing team of commercial attorneys as well as close alignment with field, finance and security team leadership.
The ideal candidate is a business-focused, service-oriented attorney who can appropriately balance business objectives and legal considerations under tight deadlines. This individual should enjoy close collaboration with legal and non-legal colleagues, maintain a positive, can-do attitude and be a creative problem solver.A day in the life of an Associate General Counsel at Collibra:
You’ll be responsible for a wide range of initiatives, including:
- Oversee the drafting, reviewing and negotiating of enterprise SAAS customer contracts and related support and services agreements, as well as a variety of technology agreements including partnership agreements, reseller agreements and supply agreements. Ensure consistency of the commercial contracts globally.
- Oversee and manage the commercial contracting process to ensure maximum efficiency and speed, while appropriately protecting the Company’s legal and other interests.
- Drive Company-wide enablement on contract-related commercial issues.
- Coordinate with various stakeholders in field, field operations and support, finance and security teams to help drive transactions to successful completion.
- Provide legal and strategic business advice around the development of the Company’s products and services and the structure of customer arrangements.
- Monitor global legal developments in areas relevant to the Company’s business and adopt proactive approaches for addressing compliance.
- Ability and willingness to expand beyond your primary responsibilities to work on additional legal matters that arise from the operations of a dynamic and fast-growing global company.
- At least 8 years’ relevant experience, including no fewer than 3 years’ management experience as commercial counsel in the enterprise SaaS space.
- Strong drafting and negotiation skills along with excellent business judgment and critical thinking skills. Strong attention to detail a must.
- Service-oriented legal counsel with excellent interpersonal skills and a strong interest and capability in collaborating with both legal and non-legal colleagues.
- An eye for building and continually improving processes, optimized to be collaborative and effective to enable scale
- Proactive self-starter, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and many different stakeholders simultaneously.
- Ability to be resourceful and to develop creative solutions to complex issues in a dynamic business and legal environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with colleagues at all levels of the Company.
- Experience as a people manager is a plus.
- A friendly, rapidly growing environment where your input is valued and growth is fostered
- Ongoing opportunities to collaborate with fellow Collibrians globally
- Flexible hours = quality > quantity
- Spacious brand new offices in NYC
- A state-of-the-art laptop for work
- And of course, a competitive salary with a strong benefits package