Associate Product Counsel at Peloton
Peloton is looking for a driven, dynamic product attorney to join our growing legal team. The person in this role will assist Peloton’s senior attorneys in supporting internal clients across all geographies and teams. This position will require a thorough understanding of Peloton’s technology and multifaceted business overall, including its suppliers, partners, members, and competitors, in order to support the achievement of our business objectives.
This role is based out of our NYC HQ.
- Work closely with our Engineering and Product teams to understand and advise on new technologies, products, and features, from early development stages through and after launch; and get your hands dirty by testing and using the products and features you work on
- Understand and help to advance the strategic initiatives, product roadmaps, research and development activities, and release cycles of product features, anticipating -- and helping to mitigate -- risks along the way
- Advise on a range of questions that may arise in connection with a consumer products or software business, including those related to product safety and compliance, contractual relationships, warranty programs, privacy, data security, third party intellectual property or open source use, and other industry-specific regulations and standards
- Draft and negotiate commercial agreements of all types in support of product and engineering initiatives, including complex product development agreements, enterprise software/SaaS agreements, and supply chain agreements
- Maintain terms of service, privacy notices, user manuals and warranty terms, and other user agreements
- Help build scalable and effective processes for providing legal input on strategic product and engineering initiatives
- Collaborate with colleagues on and off the Legal Team on multidisciplinary legal matters, and assist in other projects as needed
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant experience; a focus on advising product teams in-house is strongly preferred
- Engineering or computer science background is a plus
- Proficiency with intellectual property laws and concepts, plus a working knowledge of global privacy and consumer protection laws, regulations, and industry best practices
- Strong background in negotiating supply chain and manufacturing agreements, enterprise software/SaaS agreements, and IP development agreements is strongly preferred
- Strong business acumen and ability to advise on business-related legal issues
- Solution and team-oriented (no job is too small or too large)
- Experience achieving buy-in from diverse stakeholders across a fast-paced company
- Enjoy working in a rapidly changing, disruptive business
- Must be able to work independently and remotely with Peloton team members across the U.S. and globally
- Superb organizational skills and ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once
- Member in good standing of the NY, TX, CA, or comparable State Bar
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love.
The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.