Peloton is looking for a driven, dynamic product attorney to join our growing legal team. The person in this role will assist Peloton’s senior attorneys in supporting internal clients across all geographies and teams. This position will require a thorough understanding of Peloton’s technology and multifaceted business overall, including its suppliers, partners, members, and competitors, in order to support the achievement of our business objectives.
This role will be based out of our NYC HQ office.
- Work closely with our Engineering and Product teams to understand and advise on new technologies, products, and features, from early development stages through and after launch; and get your hands dirty by testing and using the products and features you work on
- Understand and help to advance the strategic initiatives, product roadmaps, research and development activities, and release cycles of product features, anticipating -- and helping to mitigate -- risks along the way
- Advise on a range of questions that may arise in connection with a global, high-tech consumer products business, including those related to product safety and compliance, contractual relationships, privacy, data security, third party intellectual property or open source use, and other industry-specific regulations and standards
- Draft and negotiate technology agreements of all types in support of product and engineering initiatives, including complex product development agreements and enterprise software/SaaS agreements
- Maintain terms of service, privacy notices, and other user agreements
- Help build scalable and effective processes for providing legal input on strategic product and engineering initiatives
- Collaborate with colleagues on and off the Legal Team on multidisciplinary legal matters, and assist in other projects as needed
- Minimum 4+ years’ relevant experience; a focus on advising product teams in-house is strongly preferred
- Engineering or computer science background is a plus
- Proficiency with intellectual property laws and concepts, plus a working knowledge of global privacy and consumer protection laws, regulations, and industry best practices
- Strong background in negotiating master services, manufacturing agreements, enterprise software, data, and IP development agreements is strongly preferred
- Strong business acumen and ability to advise on business-related legal issues
- Solution and team-oriented (no job is too small or too large)
- Experience achieving buy-in from diverse stakeholders across a fast-paced company
- Enjoy working in a rapidly changing, disruptive business
- Must be able to work independently and remotely with Peloton team members across the U.S. and globally
- Superb organizational skills and ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once
- Member in good standing of the NY, TX, CA, or comparable State Bar
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK, Canada, and Germany, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.