- Act as one of EquityZen’s lead transactional attorneys and work with key decision makers (General Counsels, CFOs) at pre-IPO companies to close deals in the nascent private secondary markets
- Lead legal efforts for EquityZen’s deal team, managing innovative private placement transactions and all deal documents
- Work with the deal and tech teams to improve process: make deals faster, more automated, and more efficient
- Iterate on standard forms to remove friction and improve conversion
- Advise business units on regulatory developments and compliance
- Negotiate and draft placement agreements, share transfer agreements, commission sharing agreements
- 2+ years of either (i) transactional legal experience in broader capital markets or investment funds at a top tier law firm; (ii) in-house transactional role at venture funded fintech startup; (iii) in-house capital markets role at an investment bank or hedge fund; OR (iv) in-house transactional role at a private fund
- Law degree and qualification to practice as in-house counsel in the State of New York
- You love being a lawyer and want to be part of a close and collaborative legal team
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- You are detail-oriented, enthusiastic, resourceful, diligent, and comfortable acting in the face of ambiguity
- You are able to work independently with little or no supervision
- You have excellent communication skills (verbal, written and listening)
- You exercise first-rate judgment and have the ability to prioritize
- ’33 Act, ‘34 Act and/or ’40 Act experience
- Experience drafting the following documents: Share Transfer Agreements, Placement Agreements, Subscription Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements, as well as Offering Memoranda and Risk Factors.
Please submit your resume with a cover letter that expresses why you are interested in this role. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
EquityZen offers a competitive salary, stock options, full employee benefits (health, dental, vision), individual professional development and wellness budget, flexible paid time off, and more!We are dedicated to prioritizing all employees’ health and safety during the COVID-19 pandemic. We have a new, socially-distant friendly office space in NYC’s financial district where we have established strict protocols to protect the health and safety of all employees; however, working from the office is strictly voluntary until further notice.
EquityZen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EquityZen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. EquityZen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of EquityZen’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.