Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky - supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Novi, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
The Commercial Counsel will report directly to the Senior Commercial Counsel and will partner closely with business development and other members of the Legal Team to help drive deals to completion, assess risk and provide creative solutions to complex legal or business issues. This is a new position necessitated by Paxos' business growth. We’re moving into new and exciting areas, and we need you!
The Junior Commercial Counsel will be an integral part of the Legal Team, with a focus on drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial agreements to facilitate growth as well as helping to develop new standards and practices to reduce friction in the commercial legal function. This role will engage proactively with the rest of the company, including the Operations, Compliance, Product, Engineering, Finance, Growth, Securities and Business Development teams to advance the company’s mission.
As Commercial Counsel, you’ll get to:
- Advise on commercial issues
- Draft, review and negotiate commercial agreements for cutting edge deals in the cryptocurrency space
- Create templates, playbooks and other collateral to help support deal growth
Your experience should include:
- A law degree
- Admission to a state bar
- 2-4 years of legal experience in a law firm and/or in-house
- Experience working with regulators or for a regulated business is a plus
- Experience in cryptocurrency or at a fintech is a plus
- Baseline knowledge of securities laws, traditional finance, ISDA Master Agreements and/or OTC derivative agreements are a plus
Other than these qualifications, we're hoping to bring someone on board who loves what they do and can't wait to join an amazing team.
What you’ll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been named as a “Best Place to Work” by BuiltIn and was recently listed on the 2021 Forbes Fintech 50. All of our employees have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a $500 quarterly stipend for development, a $500 stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!
- USDP Stablecoin Chosen for Facebook's Pilot of Novi Digital Wallet
- Forbes Names Paxos to 2021 Fintech 50
- Paxos Supports Interactive Brokers' Journey into Crypto Markets
- CB Insights Names Paxos to 2021 Fintech 250 for Crypto Category
- Paxos Supports Flourish Crypto
- Paxos National Trust Receives OCC Conditional Approval for De Novo Charter
- Paxos Raises $300M in Series D Funding at 2.4B Valuation
- Paxos & PayPal Bring Crypto to Millions of Users
Our Paxos team is made up of passionate people from all over the world with different perspectives and experiences. If this opportunity excites you, but your experience doesn’t perfectly match the description…apply! Unique voices help us build a more transparent and open economy.