Greater NYC Area
Box is looking for an energetic, talented and experienced commercial contracts attorney with experience in cloud commercial transactions and a passion for working on sophisticated contracts and driving business. This is a tremendous opportunity to join an established legal team and add value to a dynamic and disruptive company. As part of this team, you will help make an immediate impact on the organization and be part of its fun culture.
This role encompasses a broad range of legal matters and includes contract review, drafting, and negotiation, with an emphasis on privacy laws, federal and state regulations and intellectual property rights.
This position reports to Box’s Senior Director, Legal Contracts and is located in Box HQ (Redwood City, CA).
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements, primarily enterprise cloud sales contracts involving nuanced global data protection and privacy issues IP, and risk management.
- Work with and provide actionable advice to business executives and other internal stake-holders on a broad range of complex legal, business and strategic issues as they arise in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment.
- Research legal issues, draft and update templates, policies, playbooks and other projects as needed.
- Experience with cloud business models, together with the related legal, business and technical issues.
- Tactful with strong internal and external negotiation skills.
- Experience interpreting and ensuring compliance with data security, IP law, US and EU privacy laws. Must feel at ease interacting with a range of global customers from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 500 enterprises.
- Dedicated to providing top-notch customer service, possess excellent judgment and strong people skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage business expectations in a fast-paced environment.
- Fast learning and self-starter with an outstanding record and demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Detail oriented, well organized and technically-adept.
- 4+ years of relevant legal experience, preferably with a mixture of in-house experience and experience at a recognized law firm.
- Team player with outstanding interpersonal skills, a great sense of humor and a desire to be a contributing member of a fun and supportive team.
- Strong work ethic and the highest level of integrity and business ethics.
- JD, admitted to the CA Bar in good standing or registered in-house counsel.