We’re shaping the way companies manage data by helping customers connect the right data, insights, and algorithms for all Data Citizens. When everyone across the organization is enabled with data, true transformation can take place. We are building a team of exceptional people to help us deliver on that promise. If you are interested in a career at the leading edge of technology, we look forward to hearing from you.How you'll make an impact at Collibra:
Collibra is looking for an experienced Commercial Counsel to manage, negotiate and execute commercial transactions. Working closely with internal stakeholders, the Commercial Counsel will be responsible for the review, negotiation, drafting and execution of a variety of complex commercial and technology agreements. Reporting directly to the Associate General Counsel, Commercial, the ideal candidate is a business-focused, service oriented attorney who can appropriately balance business objectives and legal considerations under tight deadlines. This individual should enjoy close collaboration with legal and non-legal colleagues, maintain a positive, can-do attitude and be a creative problem solver.A day in the life of a Commercial Counsel at Collibra:
You’ll be reporting directly to the Associate General Counsel, Commercial, and will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including:
- Drafting, reviewing, revising and negotiating enterprise software and SaaS customer contracts and related support and services agreements and data protection agreements.
- Maintaining a scalable, business-minded approach to revenue-generating contracts.
- Collaborating with Collibra’s sales, security, finance, and product teams in connection with contract reviews and related processes.
- Facilitating the timely closure of business transactions while minimizing risk exposure.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of processes for efficient and streamlined operations surrounding relevant commercial transactions.
- Maintaining and updating form agreements, contract management systems, and other databases.
- Assisting with special projects as needed.
- 3-4 years relevant experience, including no fewer than 2 years in-house experience as a commercial contracts counsel in the software space.
- Strong drafting and negotiation skills along with excellent business judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Service-oriented legal counsel with excellent interpersonal skills and a strong interest and capability in collaborating with both legal and non-legal colleagues.
- Ability to be resourceful and to develop creative solutions to complex issues in a dynamic business and legal environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with colleagues at all levels of the Company.
- Ability and willingness to expand beyond your primary responsibilities to work on additional legal matters that arise from the operations of a dynamic and fast-growing global company.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-paced and demanding work environment
- Foreign language skills a plus.
- A friendly, rapidly growing environment where your input is valued and growth is fostered
- Ongoing opportunities to collaborate with fellow Collibrians globally
- Flexible hours = quality > quantity
- A state-of-the-art laptop for work
- And of course, a competitive salary with a strong benefits package