Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
We’re looking for a commercial transactions attorney to join our New York office! As a member of our commercial team, you will draft and negotiate a variety of outbound contracts, with an emphasis on enterprise agreements. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and support strategic transactions for Atlassian.
We are also open to hiring in our Boston office for the right candidate.
Your Core Responsibilities will Include:
- Negotiate enterprise cloud and license agreements for applicable Atlassian products and services.
- Work with our commercial teams to improve our customer-facing forms and processes.
- Collaborate with our privacy, risk and compliance, security, finance, accounting and product teams to facilitate contract reviews and internal processes.
- Provide pragmatic, business-minded guidance on contract-related issues.
- Develop support materials and provide trainings to educate our direct sales and channel teams on contract terms and other legal issues.
- Assist with special projects, including projects focused on improving legal processes, as needed.
More About the Qualifications of an Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years of experience handling commercial transactions. Experience negotiating outbound SaaS contracts is strongly preferred.
- Admission to one state bar, preferably New York.
- Ability to handle data protection topics and revenue recognition issues in connection with commercial contracts.
- Excellent judgment and strong communication skills.
- Self-starter and team player with a sense of urgency to get things done.
- Ability to handle competing priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Willingness to handle new areas of responsibility.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.