What Makes This Job Awesome?
- Work closely with the VTS Team, clients and vendors to guide contracts through review, negotiation and signing
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements, including sales contracts involving nuanced global data protection and privacy issues, intellectual property and risk management.
- Structure, draft and negotiate a high volume and broad range of sales agreements
- Work with and provide actionable advice to business executives and other internal stake-holders on a broad range of complex legal, business and strategic issues as they arise.
- Research legal issues, draft and update templates, policies, playbooks and other projects as needed.
What Makes You A Great Fit?
- 4+ years of relevant legal experience, some law firm experience preferred.
- Accredited law degree and a Bar membership required
- Strong transactional background, with experience in negotiating, drafting and advising clients on technology-related commercial contracts, including multi-jurisdictional transactions.
- Significant breadth of knowledge and experience handling US and EU privacy and data protection issues and laws, including HIPAA, HITECH, GDPR.
- Excellent judgement and ability to juggle multiple priorities and manage business expectations in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- Experience providing legal support on a global scale
- Dedicated to providing top-notch customer service and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong work ethic and the highest level of integrity and business ethics.
- Experience working in fast-paced technology companies is required; in-house experience strongly desired and previous experience in the legal department of a US listed company preferred;
- Proven ability to provide entrepreneurial, quick-thinking, pragmatic, business-oriented advice and to properly balance risks and business reward with a dedication to superior client service.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, and ability to advocate for a position while maintaining a collaborative and open-minded approach.
- Ability to appropriately triage a heavy workflow, setting appropriate priorities with clients and delivering results efficiently.
What VTS Values & How We Show It:
- Strive for Excellence - We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed - We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff - monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious - Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One - We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership - Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference - VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!