We’re shaping the way companies manage data by helping customers connect the right data, insights, and algorithms for all Data Citizens. When everyone across the organization is enabled with data, true transformation can take place. We are building a team of exceptional people to help us deliver on that promise. If you are interested in a career at the leading edge of technology, we look forward to hearing from you.How you'll make an impact at Collibra:
Collibra is looking for an experienced Commercial Counsel to manage, negotiate and execute commercial transactions. Working closely with internal stakeholders, the Commercial Counsel will be responsible for the review, negotiation, drafting and execution of a variety of complex commercial and technology agreements. Reporting directly to the Head of Commercial, the ideal candidate is a business-focused, service oriented attorney who can appropriately balance business objectives and legal considerations under tight deadlines. This individual should enjoy close collaboration with legal and non-legal colleagues, maintain a positive, can-do attitude and be a creative problem solver.A day in the life of a Commercial Counsel at Collibra:
You will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including:
- Drafting, reviewing, revising and negotiating enterprise software and SaaS customer contracts and related support and services agreements and data protection agreements.
- Maintaining a scalable, business-minded approach to revenue-generating contracts.
- Collaborating with Collibra’s sales, security, finance, and product teams in connection with contract reviews and related processes.
- Facilitating the timely closure of business transactions while minimizing risk exposure.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of processes for efficient and streamlined operations surrounding relevant commercial transactions.
- Maintaining and updating form agreements, contract management systems, and other databases.
- Assisting with special projects as needed.
- 3-4 years relevant experience; in-house experience in a fast-growing technology company or in the software/SaaS space is preferred but not required.
- Strong drafting and negotiation skills along with excellent business judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Familiarity with US and EU privacy and data protection issues.
- Service-oriented legal counsel with excellent interpersonal skills and a strong interest and capability in collaborating with both legal and non-legal colleagues.
- Ability to be resourceful and to develop creative solutions to complex issues in a dynamic business and legal environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with colleagues at all levels of the Company.
- Ability and willingness to expand beyond your primary responsibilities to work on additional legal matters that arise from the operations of a dynamic and fast-growing global company.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-paced and demanding work environment
- Ability to work independently to assess and resolve legal issues, including in situations that may be unfamiliar.
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) and admission in good standing to one state bar or equivalent.
- Foreign language skills a plus.
- Competitive compensation, and private company equity
- Inclusive benefits package allowing enrollment of dependents and partners
- A flexible culture that understands the importance of quality of work over quantity
- An opportunity to work with a diverse, global community of 600+ Collibrians across 18 countries, united by our value of open, direct, and kind
- A culture of company-wide collaboration and shared success.
- Company supported and employee driven resource groups that promote diversity, career development and empowerment
- Learning and development programs to advance your career and personal growth
- Corporate social responsibility initiatives with global reach
- Regular recognition, feedback, and open communication across all levels
- Team building, bonding, mentorship and support to grow confidence, trust and friendships
- Fully stocked kitchens, biweekly catered lunches, and regular social events for when we get back to the office. Until then, we’re finding new ways to stay connected and engaged.
*At Collibra, we’re focused on building a world-class company and culture, and that starts with the people we hire. We take pride in being an equal opportunity employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.*