Commercial Counsel at Squarespace
Squarespace is seeking a commercial counsel to join our Legal team. As a key part of our growing team, you will work with partners from all company departments (including Product, Customer Operations, Marketing, Creative, Engineering and Finance) and advise on a range of legal and business issues. You will report into our Senior Counsel and be based in our New York City headquarters. Our Legal team is based in Dublin, Ireland and New York City.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Provide advice on legal issues to all levels of our teams, up to and including senior executives
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of complex commercial contracts (including software, technology and related vendor agreements and advertising, marketing, partnership and production agreements)
- Work with Squarespace security, finance, IT and other internal clients in connection with company-wide procurement and related processes
- Evaluate business and legal risks, and find solutions to reduce those risks
- Help build and administer upon scalable processes and best practices for Legal team workflows (including contract automation, trainings, contract templates and playbooks)
- Help with merger and acquisition transactions and integration of acquired companies
- Provide support on a variety of other legal topics depending on candidate's background and interest, for example, product integrations and open source
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- M&A experience is a plus
- Awareness/appreciation of data privacy compliance
- Flexibility and creativity in solving problems and dealing with ambiguity
- Organized and diligent with a high attention to detail and a commitment to operational execution
- Interest in learning new areas of law and business
- Admitted to and in good standing with at least one state bar
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.