The ultimate source for official answers about a business online should be the business itself. However, when consumers ask questions on company websites, too often they are left in the dark with wrong answers. Yext (NYSE: YEXT), the Search Experience Cloud, solves this problem by organizing a business's facts so it can provide official answers to consumer questions — wherever people search. Starting with the company website, then extending across search engines and voice assistants, businesses around the world, like Taco Bell, Marriott, and Jaguar Land Rover—as well as organizations like the U.S. State Department—trust Yext to radically improve the search experience on their websites and across the entire search ecosystem.
We are seeking a talented and business-oriented Attorney to join our growing Legal team! In this position, you will partner with our Enterprise and Partner sales teams in managing, negotiating and executing customer deals and work with various business lines in reviewing and negotiating vendor/procurement transactions. This position can be based in New York, Washington DC or San Francisco.
What You’ll Do
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements – primarily SaaS subscription agreements – across our Enterprise and Partner (indirect) businesses
- Improving and maintaining our standard commercial agreements, contract negotiation playbooks and legal processes to help us scale globally
- Proactively working with internal clients to improve and scale all aspects of the sales contract negotiation process
- Conducting periodic employee trainings on all of the above
What You Have
- 3-5 years corporate and/or commercial experience at a leading law firm, in-house, or a combination thereof
- Strong contract drafting and negotiation skills; prior experience with commercial agreements required, experience with SaaS, content distribution and general commercial agreements within the technology industry strongly preferred
- Experience working through data privacy (e.g., GDPR, CCPA, etc.) and security issues in SaaS/commercial transactions
- Flexibility and eagerness to work hard in fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Highly organized, process-driven and client-focused team player
- Law degree from an accredited U.S. law school and license to practice law
- Foreign language skills a plus
- Government/federal contracting experience a plus
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.