Our mission is to give renters everywhere greater financial freedom to plan and enjoy their lives.
Our first product eliminates cash security deposits and puts more money back in renters’ pockets. With over $45 billion tied up in security deposits for 110 million renters in the United States alone, it’s time for security deposits to officially become a thing of the past. Tying up money at one of life’s biggest and most expensive moments just isn’t fair.
So we threw out the antiquated “way of doing things” and built a technology-driven insurance product to help bring renting into the 21st century. With Rhino, millions of renters across the country now have the opportunity to save with our award-winning deposit insurance. We’ve already saved hundreds of millions of dollars for renters and are trusted in over 1 million homes nationwide, and most importantly, we’re just getting started...
As a Compliance Analyst at Rhino, you’ll assume a crucial role on a hungry team that is ready and eager to transform the future of renting and insurance.In this role you will:
Be responsible for assisting with all facets of the compliance organization, including managing surplus lines filings, tax and premium reporting requirements, nationwide licensing and ad hoc organizational projects. The individual will work closely with multiple teams, including legal, product & engineering teams, experience, claims, partner success and revenue teams to support Rhino’ in a cross-functional way.
- Assist with all aspects of surplus lines filings, taxes and stamping fee payments across national footprint.
- Manage a vendor charged with keeping producer and adjuster licensing up to date across the Rhino organization
- Assist with rate and form filings to state Departments of Insurance and work closely with third-party vendors on the same.
- Programmatically test forms and rating generation criteria on an ongoing basis to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Effectively implement and help develop and refine internal processes, structure and resources to achieve optimal results.
- Assist with regulatory surveys, internal and external audits, and compliance projects as needed.
- 2-4 years experience in a property & casualty operations role, including experience with surplus lines filings and insurance regulatory compliance.
- Fundamental understanding of insurance concepts, underwriting, and policy coverages.
- You are seeking personal and professional development in a dynamic and often changing environment, and enjoy working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- You are a strong independent thinker and contributor, but also love collaborating across teams.
- You feel at home using Microsoft Office, G Suite, Slack and other modern workspace technology.
- Experience with the Surety line of business is a plus.
- Experience with admitted product filings is a plus.
- Legislative research experience is a plus.
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Unlimited PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Rhino’s success
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Remote Work Program to allow for flexibility between home and the office
- Generous Parental Leave to create a family-friendly culture
- Wellness Perks (Gym, Classpass, & Citibike Memberships)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- Fintech Equality Coalition Founding member
Rhino is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rhino are without regard to race, color, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rhino has a zero-tolerance policy against discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.