Compliance Associate, Ally Contact Monitoring at Better
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
In this position, you will provide the highest quality support to our strategic partners in the area of contact monitoring. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that we meet the requirements under our partnership agreements with respect to reviewing employee call recordings and email communications for compliance violations. The role also involves working directly with our strategic partners to calibrate scoring and manage the remediation process. Your attention to detail, organization, and strong written and oral communication skills will make you an integral part of our team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Review employee call recordings and email communications for compliance violations
- Collaborate and partner cross-functionally and communicate effectively to ensure all stakeholders have the information they need to resolve any violations
- Establish positive relationships with our strategic partners
- Work closely with the Compliance Team on special projects, as necessary.
Bonus points for:
- Previous mortgage origination experience
- Previous paralegal experience
- Previous consumer contact monitoring experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1 to 2 years of experience working in a legal or corporate environment interfacing with upper management
- Excellent communication skills - not afraid to ask questions when you need help
- High attention to detail and are extremely organized
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Works well with others
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to think critically and creatively to solve complex problems.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.