Compliance Associate, Incident Management at Better
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better Opportunity
In this position, you will provide the highest quality support to our Compliance Team in the area of Incident Management. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that various incidents are logged and monitored, including consumer complaints, policy and procedure violations, suspicious activity reports, and more. The role also involves investigating these incidents and conducting an in-depth analysis for each case to determine the root cause. Your attention to detail, organization, and strong writing and analytical skills will make you an integral part of our team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Review and investigate incidents that are escalated to the Compliance Team across a variety of categories.
- Conduct an in-depth analysis to determine the root cause of each incident.
- Collaborate cross-functionally and communicate effectively to gather necessary information and advise on next steps.
- Log all assigned incidents in the team’s Compliance Management System.
- Participate in monthly trend analyses to ensure that steps are being taken to resolve issues that cause incidents.
- Work closely with Compliance Team on additional special projects, as necessary.
Bonus points for:
- Previous mortgage origination experience.
- Previous consumer complaint investigation experience.
- 1 to 2 years of experience working in consumer finance or the mortgage industry
- Knowledge of state and federal mortgage origination regulations.
- Working knowledge of loan origination systems.
- Excellent communication skills - not afraid to ask questions when you need help.
- Ability to think critically and creatively to solve complex problems.
- High attention to detail and are extremely organized.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.