Compliance Associate, Investigations at Gemini
Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Compliance
Compliance at Gemini is a team dedicated to managing the next generation of financial services compliance and financial crime in a complex and evolving regulatory environment. We are a diverse group of technology, legal, operational and compliance professionals who develop new approaches to solving classic problems using cutting edge tools and processes.
The Role: Compliance Associate, Investigations
In this role, you will work with a team of experienced investigators responsible for critical functions within the Compliance and AML/BSA/Sanctions program. You will have responsibilities including, but are not limited to, performing Level 3 analysis and adjudication of Transaction Monitoring alerts, sanctions screening/analysis dispositions, preparation of Suspicious Activity Report (“SAR”) filings, drafting subpoena responses and analysis, conducting 314(a)/(b) reviews and other critical components/development of the compliance program that may arise from time to time. This position will have frequent interaction with firm senior management, third party vendors/auditors, and the Head of Investigations.
Gemini’s Compliance team is constantly evolving and developing new operations and controls. In this role, you will contribute to that development, while being an integral part of the Investigations Team.
- Conduct financial and virtual currency investigations of Transaction Monitoring and Blockchain Alerts to determine whether such activity warrants reporting.
- Draft and prepare SAR filings.
- Prepare answers and materials to subpoenas and 314(a)/(b) requests.
- Evaluate alerts for connection to US or other global sanctions regimes.
- Conduct customer outreach to gather additional information regarding their activities.
- Balance numerous projects, queues and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Participate in ad-hoc remediation or business specific projects which may include examinations and/or external audits.
- BA/BS degree or international equivalent.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience within the financial services, law enforcement, digital asset and/or management consulting space focusing on financial crime and/or compliance.
- Comfort in a technology-forward company and facility with computer and web-based applications, including Microsoft Office, case management systems, and web-based databases.
- Experience drafting and preparing SAR filings.
- Substantial writing skills and ability to articulate effectively to senior management.
- Authorization to work in the United States and fluency in English.
- Advanced degree/certifications, e.g., JD, MBA, CAMS, CFE.
- Expert level knowledge of regulatory expectations and industry standards in relation to AML/BSA/Sanctions regulations.
- Familiarity with blockchain tracing/analytics tools.
- Intermediate-level expertise in Microsoft Excel.
- Adaptability to an ever-changing environment and the capability to articulate thorough analysis to stakeholders.
- Foreign language skills, fluency with Mandarin or Korean specifically.
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.