The Department: Compliance
Compliance at Gemini is a team dedicated to managing the next generation of financial crime prevention in a complex and evolving regulatory environment. We are a diverse group of technology, legal, and operational professionals who develop new approaches to solving classic problems using cutting edge tools and processes.
The Role: Compliance Associate, Transaction Monitoring & Investigations
In this role, you will work with a team of experienced investigators responsible for critical functions within the Compliance and AML/BSA/Sanctions program. You will have responsibilities including, but are not limited to, performing analysis and adjudication of Transaction Monitoring alerts, sanctions name screening alerts, sanction payment alerts, conducting 314(a)/(b) reviews and other critical components/development of the compliance program that may arise from time to time. This position will have frequent interaction with firm senior management, third party vendors/auditors, and multiple departments within Gemini’s organization.
Gemini’s Compliance team is constantly evolving and developing new operations and controls. In this role, you will contribute to that development by rolling-up your sleeves and building the future of money, while being an integral part of the Transactions Monitoring & Investigations Team.
- Conduct investigations of fiat and virtual currency Transaction Monitoring Alerts to determine whether such activity warrants further investigation.
- Review customer name and transaction screening alerts for connections to sanctions, PEPs or adverse media.
- Prepare answers and materials to subpoenas and 314(a)/(b) requests.
- Conduct customer outreach to gather additional information regarding their activities.
- Balance numerous projects, queues and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Participate in ad-hoc remediation or business specific projects which may include examinations and/or external audits.
- BA/BS degree or international equivalent.
- 2-3+ years of relevant work experience within the financial services, law enforcement, digital asset and/or management consulting space focusing on financial crime and/or compliance.
- Comfort in a technology-forward company and facility with computer and web-based applications, including Microsoft Office, case management systems, and web-based databases.
- Substantial writing skills and ability to articulate effectively to senior management.
- Authorization to work in the United States and fluency in English.
- Advanced degree/certifications, e.g., JD, CAMS, CFE.
- Understanding and knowledge of regulatory expectations and industry standards in relation to AML/BSA/Sanctions regulations.
- Familiarity with blockchain tracing/analytics tools.
- Intermediate-level expertise in Microsoft Excel.
- Adaptability to an ever-changing environment and the capability to articulate thorough analysis to stakeholders.
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.