We're looking for a Compliance Counsel to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work with the Legal, Privacy, and Compliance (“LP&C”) Team to provide healthcare regulatory guidance to the company, and assist with managing Flatiron’s healthcare and corporate compliance program. You’ll identify, assess and monitor compliance risks, ensure compliance with policies, guidelines, industry standards and the laws and regulations that impact an innovative healthcare company, and work collaboratively with company stakeholders to foster a culture of compliance and provide effective guidance to internal business partners. Moreover, you will assist with certain transactions and negotiations impacting Flatiron’s provider-facing business. In more detail, you will:
- Assist the General Counsel and other members of the LP&C Team in the management of the company’s compliance program, including creation and review of policies/procedures, and performance of risk assessments, auditing, monitoring, and training
- Provide legal and regulatory advice regarding compliance with applicable laws and company policies
- Lead investigation and evaluation of potential compliance issues, and drive implementation of remedial and preventive action
- Coordinate with members of the LP&C Team to anticipate and understand the changing regulatory regime affecting Flatiron’s business and develop corresponding policies and processes to ensure compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements
- Lead, from beginning to end, and with minimal oversight, the structuring, drafting, reviewing, negotiating and closing of technology, provider-facing commercial, and revenue cycle management transactions, and other licensing, data use or clinical trials agreements
- Build training and other processes to allow Flatiron’s teams to execute within a clear legal and compliance framework
Who You Are
You're a seasoned health care regulatory and compliance attorney with experience advising health care companies about corporate compliance programs, applicable fraud and abuse laws, and transactional healthcare issues. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have a J.D. and are a member in good standing of any State Bar
- You have 7+ years experience advising healthcare companies on compliance and regulatory issues
- You are passionate about compliance and have experience implementing and evaluating corporate compliance programs
- You have significant experience with and understanding of healthcare fraud and abuse laws, Sunshine Act, promotional regulations and various government enforcement activities (e.g. DOJ, OIG, FDA, etc.)
- You have the ability to work independently and exercise excellent judgment
- You have extraordinary interpersonal skills and ability to provide sound, clear and succinct legal advice and analysis to legal and business teams in both verbal and written forms
- You have the ability to multitask, work under tight time pressures, prioritize work, and react quickly to changing business needs and demands all in a fast-paced, high-growth business environment
- You have a demonstrated track record of being a team-player and working collaboratively
- You have experience with regulatory issue spotting, research, analysis, and risk mitigation in the highly regulated health care or pharmaceuticals environments.
- You are an intellectually nimble thinker and highly adaptable
- You have a passion for helping the world beat cancer
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You have experience advising healthcare companies and/or technology companies on privacy issues, including compliance with HIPAA and GDPR.
- You trained within the life sciences or health care transactional or regulatory departments of a top-tier law firm
- You have experience working in the legal department at a life sciences company, academic medical center, or clinical research funder or sponsor.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.