Compliance Specialist (North America)
We are looking for a Deputy Compliance Officer to join TransferWise’s North America team and help take the Company to the next level. You will be working very closely with the Product and Operational Compliance teams, reporting directly to the Compliance Officer, to help shape the overall AML strategy from the ground up.
A bit about the role:
- Tune up your previous knowledge of compliance best-practices to the TransferWise model for onboarding, monitoring, sanctions-screening, reporting and quality assurance, and take on the challenge of providing useful, hands-on support to operational teams (e.g. helping resolve open questions in an ops policy or project managing a regulatory findings remediation project)
- Lead the regionalization of global AML/ CTF Risk Assessment to North America markets, including (1) mastering deep understanding of the product, systems, processes, (2) documenting and defending our approach to externals, and (3) identifying possible gaps and working with teams internally go close gaps over time
- Apply your previous compliance knowledge creatively, working alongside the business and product teams to build products with a healthy and sustainable compliance foundation;
- Work with teams to understand what information is currently available that intuitively demonstrates the current health of the compliance program, build on this framework by identifying missing pieces, and determine the best way to disseminate this information to the leadership team and the rest of the company;
- Take on and own new challenges that arise in any area of the compliance program on a project basis, whether providing region-specific guidance for a new operational compliance process (e.g. North America compliance input to the global third party payments diligence policy), or coordinate an effort for multiple teams to work together to meet new regulatory requirements
- Work with the global training coordinator to regionalize training for North America compliance teams.
A bit about you:
- Healthy dose of humility, a willingness to learn and adapt, and get involved at all “levels” of the compliance program to get it done
- Very strong writing and communication skills.
- Punctual, independent, proactive, highly attentive to details and willing to get things done.
- Demonstrates sound, independent judgement
- Expert in US regulatory guidance applicable to financial institutions, particularly the BSA, PATRIOT Act, OFAC, Electronic Funds Transfer Act, FinCEN guidance, state money transmitter statutory and regulatory frameworks
- Understands how to do legal and compliance research needed to develop informed and reasonable compliance recommendations.
- Adept at risk-based analysis, incorporating regulatory, business, product, and operational considerations into risk analysis. Able to explain to functional teams how they fit into this analysis, and how their decisions affect AML/ CTF/ regulatory risk.
- Strong relationship builder across all levels of the business, that leads by example and demonstrates the TransferWise values in all their actions.
- Spend approximately 10% of your time with our operational teams in Tampa.
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to send money overseas.
Today, customers are transferring more than £1.5 billion every month with TransferWise, saving £60 million every month. Yet we’re only moving 1% of the world’s money. The scope of what we want to achieve and how much opportunity there is to grow is immense.
The same opportunity is true of a career here. The constantly evolving nature of our business means new problems to solve, challenges to overcome and opportunities for you to impact our customers every day.