The time is now to start your next career step at Celonis, one of the fastest growing global tech companies worldwide
Celonis is the leader in business transformation software - the Execution Management Systems (EMS) lifts barriers to execution capacity to maximize business performance. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis EMS helps companies manage every facet of execution management from analytics, to strategy and planning, management, actions and automations. For Global 2000 companies, transforming to an intelligent enterprise has become a key strategic priority. Celonis disrupted what had previously been a manual, time-consuming and expensive consulting-driven approach to jump-start and operationalize change in transformation initiatives. Celonis has thousands of global customers including ABB, AstraZeneca, Bosch, Coca Cola, Citibank, Dell, GSK, John Deere, L’Oreal, Siemens, Uber, Vodafone, and Whirlpool. Particularly in these uncertain times Celonis plays an impactful role in helping customers to use their execution capacity the best way possible.
Celonis is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York, US, and has in total 15 offices worldwide.The company has grown 5,000% in 4 years and 300% in the past year. Celonis now counts as a Decacorn, having raised $1 billion in our most recent funding round in June 2021, valuing the company at more than $11 billion. Since opening its US headquarter in New York in September 2016 it has quickly added blue chip customers like Lockheed Martin, ExxonMobil, Honeywell, and Mars to its client roster. The US is the fastest growing region for Celonis and will soon exceed 50% of its total revenue, and therefore expanding US offices in New York, San Francisco, Raleigh, as well as Toronto, Canada, and Latin America.
The Contracts Manager, Americas position is a valuable role in the company’s growing Legal group and is primarily responsible for supporting Celonis’ GTM organization in the Americas, as well as providing additional Legal support as requested. The main focus of the role is to assist attorneys with revisions to and negotiation of contracts, to provide end-to-end contract lifecycle management and to serve as a liaison between external contacts and Celonis’ internal Sales, Operations and Legal departments. A successful candidate will be expected to provide pragmatic, creative, collaborative and solution-oriented Legal support throughout the company. As a self-starting, experienced communicator and problem-solver, the Contracts Manager, Americas must be able to prioritize effectively and drive issues to resolution within a team environment focused on growth, execution and process improvement.
- Draft, review, analyze, and assist in the negotiation of a variety of contracts and supporting documentation, including: nondisclosure agreements, data processing agreements, RFP responses, vendor questionnaires, and license transfer forms.
- Contribute to ongoing process improvement, reduction of friction and problem solving within areas of Legal and Compliance.
- Maintain, update and organize Legal department templates, internal and external website updates and assist with any localization and/or translation efforts.
- Prepare email correspondence, presentations, and internal and external communications, as requested.
- Manage Legal department records (both electronic and hard copy) and ensure accurate data is entered and maintained in our contracts management system.
- Seamlessly and proactively collaborate cross-functionally with the company’s global Sales, and Finance groups to understand and ensure consistency of Legal processes with the company’s internal contract flow processes.
- Analyze, track and report on Legal team statistics.
- Provide due diligence/insight into the company’s existing corporate agreements and identify/propose solutions to any localization issues; partner with cross-functional business teams to further compliance efforts.
- Consistently anticipate, communicate, provide timely evaluation and guidance of, and propose mitigation strategies for, potential risks in contracting processes and other Legal areas as required.
- Handle confidential and highly-sensitive information with professionalism and unquestionable integrity.
- Conduct various additional other Legal and ad hoc projects as required.
- Impeccable attention to detail, well-organized and adept in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
- High energy, strong project management skills and a positive attitude are critical.
- Ability to communicate and implement Legal strategies and overall company policy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Confidence in working and troubleshooting independently.
- High level of emotional intelligence, cultural awareness/sensitivity and uncompromising ethical standards.
- Ability to effectively prioritize, escalate appropriately and multi-task.
- Strong skill set working with office applications, including the Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce, Adobe, Docusign and GoogleDocs.
- Experience with contracts management software and electronic signature system.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels and departments is imperative.
- Minimum 5+ years review, negotiation and analysis of commercial contracts, with desired emphasis on licensing agreements.
- In-house technology company experience strongly preferred.
- University degree or equivalent required.
- Demonstrated ability with Salesforce, Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to quickly learn and gain proficiency in new technologies.
- Developed business acumen, with ability to understand the company’s mission and anticipate the nature and magnitude of issues that could arise in various settings.
- Fluency in English required; fluency in a second language a strong plus.
- ... see people as the fundamental pillar of our success. Therefore, we invest into the personal growth and skill development of each individual alongside with the strength finder test
- … offer attractive compensation models (best-in-class salary, stock option packages, employee referral bonus, family service, flexible working hours, …)
- ... are visionary and one of the fastest growing Software-Unicorns in the world
- … are experts in the field of Process Mining - the new Celonis Execution Management System provides a set of instruments and applications: the EMS offerings help companies manage every facet of execution management from analytics, to strategy and planning, management, actions and automations
- ... distinguish ourselves through a unique combination of innovative start-up atmosphere paired with great professionalism and self-responsible work
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better. Have a look at our Diversity statement.