Our mission: to eliminate every barrier to mental health.
Spring Health is the leading comprehensive mental health benefit for employers. We help employees understand their mental health issues and connect with best-in-class providers to get the right treatment at the right time.
From early detection to full recovery, Spring Health is the only clinically validated solution in the market proven to be more effective than traditional mental healthcare. By combining the latest technology with vetted providers, we help engage 1 in 3 employees, reduce recovery times, and lower healthcare costs. We are an award-winning, passionate, and mission-driven team with the support of leaders in psychiatry. We have raised over $300 million to date from prominent investors including Kinnevik, Tiger Global, Northzone, RRE Ventures, Rethink Impact, Work-Bench, William K Warren Foundation, SemperVirens, Able Partners, True Capital Ventures, and a strategic investor Guardian Life Insurance. Thanks to their partnership, our current valuation has reached $2 billion.
The Contracts Manager will report to the General Counsel and work closely with business stakeholders around the company. The Contracts Manager will be key in creating processes and practices to improve the day-to-day efficiency and effectiveness of the legal team, and assist on all aspects of legal, compliance and ethics of the business.
This is a generalist position which involves driving projects across the full range of subject matter supported by the legal team, and structuring/analyzing contracts to create a frictionless and compliant sales process.
The successful candidate will be able to adapt to rapidly changing priorities and business needs, and must be proactive in identifying areas of need and generating action plans.
In this role you will:
- Draft, edit, standardize, and participate in the terms negotiation of contracts and proactively handle various transactional matters through to final signature completion including but not limited to NDAs, MSAs, SOWs, BAAs, license agreements, independent contractor agreements, various vendor agreements, etc.
- Ensure the organization's internal contract documents are accurate and well maintained
- Analyze and prioritize contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to elevate for further legal review as needed
- Report on key operational and substantive metrics for the practice group that will better inform decision-making, including matter and work product analyses
- Identify and implement legal department tools to streamline new or existing practices, as well as managing design, rollout, and training for new systems
- Develop and enforce processes and policies to manage outside counsel usage and spend
- Assist with budget matters and optimizing workflows within the legal department
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including sales, support, service, business development, regulatory, IT, and finance, as well as various business units to move projects forward on time and within budget.
What we expect from you:
- Bachelor’s degree , paralegal certification a plus
- Prior work experience in a contract management role, such as procurement, purchasing or contracting
- Background knowledge of outside counsel vendor management, amending and negotiating contracts, project management
- Experience sourcing, implementing and launching contract management systems or similar processes.
- 4+ years of relevant job experience (technology or healthcare industry experience is a plus)
- Familiarity with data privacy and security laws
- Ability to work well as part of a multidimensional team and independently
- Exemplify a strong attention to detail
- Possesses superior organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects with shifting deadlines
- Must have strong computer skills and knowledge of common programs such as Microsoft Office and G Suite
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Capable of professionally managing confidential information
Why you’ll like working at Spring Health:
- Big mission: we're revolutionizing the mental health industry
- The challenge: make a big impact by joining a fast-growing team in its early stages
- Good benefits: we offer health, dental and vision benefits as well as access to mental health care on Spring Health
- Great people: make an impact on something that truly helps people alongside an incredible team
- We care about diversity: diversity allows us to build an excellent patient experience. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
In addition to finding people who are truly excellent at what they do, we take our values at Spring Health seriously:
Members Come First We are genuine member advocates.
Move Fast to Change Lives We build with urgency and intention.
Take Ownership We extend trust and hold ourselves accountable.
Embrace Diverse Teams & Perspectives We find strength in the diversity of cultural backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.
Science Will Win We will achieve impact by innovation and evidence based frameworks.
Candor with Care We are open, honest and empathetic.
Spring Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable legal requirements. Spring Health is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Read Full Job Description