Riskified is in hyper-growth and hiring a Contracts Manager to help us keep up with the demand for our industry-leading fraud-prevention solution. As the second-ever member of Riskified’s NY Legal team, you will partner with our Sales, Marketing, People Operations, Finance and other teams to manage all aspects of the contract lifecycle and ensure that all required approvals are obtained prior to submittal of contracts for execution. Our ideal candidate loves negotiation and redlining, is excited about fraud prevention, and has considerable experience providing end-to-end contract support for commercial transactions. You will review and negotiate a wide variety of contracts and therefore must be comfortable interpreting issues from both business and legal perspectives, finding creative solutions that benefit Riskified, and leading conversations with external stakeholders to expedite transaction close.
Riskified is the world's leading eCommerce fraud-prevention company. We use cutting-edge technology, machine learning algorithms, and behavioral analytics to outsmart eCommerce fraud and help our merchants grow. Riskified has reviewed hundreds of millions of transactions and approved billions of dollars of revenue for merchants across virtually all industries, including a number of Fortune 500 companies.
- Provide legal support for our enterprise sales team on a broad range of commercial agreements in support of sales transactions, from NDA to execution of our SaaS agreement.
- Review and negotiate Riskified’s agreements, including NDAs, SaaS Agreements, Vendor Agreements, and all other forms of commercial agreements
- Exercise excellent judgment in making legal and business decisions while providing contract interpretations and guidance to internal teams to ensure compliance with contractual and regulatory requirements
- Partner with global cross-functional teams (Sales, Legal, Finance, Marketing, and People Operations) in order to quickly resolve legal and business challenges
- Conduct various contract-related research, projects, and other duties as assigned by the Managing Counsel
- Perform regular contracts training to Sales teams and new team members
- Assist with developing best practice processes, templates, playbooks, and automation across all contract lifecycles
Life at Riskified:
We are a fast-growing and dynamic startup with 250 team members between our offices in Tel Aviv and New York City. We value collaboration and innovative thinking. We’re looking for bright, driven, and passionate people to grow with us.
Some NYC Benefits & Perks:
- Fully-covered medical, dental, and vision insurance from your first day
- Stock options for all employees, 401(k) + matching, commuter benefits
- Catered lunch, team events, healthy snacks, yoga, pilates, soccer league, and more
In the News:
Fortune Magazine: 25 Best Workplaces in New York
Great Place to Work: Riskified
Crain's: Best Places to Work in New York City
BuiltInNYC: How Riskified Has Carried its Brand Across Continents
TechCrunch: Riskified Prevents Fraud on Your Favorite eCommerce Site
- Bachelor's degree is required; law degree preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in technology licensing and commercial transactions, preferably at a SaaS company, in-house experience strongly preferred
- Strong working knowledge of applicable commercial business/legal principles and ability to work on diverse contractual issues simultaneously from inception to completion
- Knowledge of Data Privacy and Security and GDPR terms