Contracts & Procurement Manager
Squarespace, Inc. is seeking an experienced Contracts and Procurement Manager to support its legal function. In this role you will be leading the review and supporting the negotiation of a high volume of commercial agreements (inbound and outbound), managing the contracts approval and storage process, and assisting with general legal operations.
As the seventh member of our New York-based Legal team and a key part of a fast-growing global saas organization, you will have the opportunity to work across subject matters on a range of contractual and business issues.
This role reports into our General Counsel and is based in our New York City headquarters.
- Provide contract development, contract administration and contract management support to the global legal team
- Act as a liaison between internal and external parties including Finance and Legal to efficiently drive the contract review, negotiation and approval process to completion
- Assist with improving processes, developing playbooks, and automation across contract management and lifecycle
- Manage and respond to a high volume of daily contract-related inquiries, and escalate when appropriate
- Implement and manage our contract management system, including to ensure all vendor contracts are stored with the appropriate identifying data
- Assist with non-contracts legal department projects as may come up from time to time
- 7+ years experience as a paralegal or contracts administrator
- Experience working with commercial contracts and providing transactional support
- Commercial contract negotiation experience
- In-house experience in a similar role in a technology company highly advantageous
- Experience developing and managing contractual management processes
- Self-starter with superior judgment and the ability to work well both independently and collaboratively
- Team player who can balance competing demands and build positive relationships across the organization
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.