Coordinator, Legal Privacy & Compliance
We're looking for a Coordinator to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work with lawyers and compliance and privacy professionals to provide support for the day-to-day needs of Flatiron’s growing Legal Privacy & Compliance team. Reporting to the General Counsel, your responsibilities will include the use of and management of tools to track team activities and capacity, coordinating with other team members on logistics for meetings/events, helping to manage Legal Privacy & Compliance staff’s calendars and travel so that their time is most efficiently used, creating accurate and professional documents, organizing and maintaining corporate records, and supporting special projects as needed. In addition, you'll also:
- Support Legal Privacy & Compliance with activity/assignment tracking and administrative organization (e.g., tracking outstanding requests, updating documentation, managing records and corporate registrations, etc.)
- Help effectively scale the Legal Privacy & Compliance team by assisting with recruiting efforts, developing and maintaining an efficient and well organized onboarding process for new members of the team, and supporting administrative needs of new team members
- Manage scheduling needs of team members, proactively resolving calendar conflicts and working with team members on prioritization to optimize time spent in meetings
- Own the logistics of on-site visitors, meetings with external experts and other other events as needed
- Support travel needs, booking routine and special travel, building/updating itineraries, and processing expenses
- Create and edit documents, organize and maintain files and databases in a confidential manner
- Generate reports, transcribe minutes from meetings, and create presentations
- From time to time, assist the Legal Privacy & Compliance management team with special projects, such as development of new processes, project management, and planning of special events
Critical to the success of this role will be organization, communication skills, and resourcefulness required to support a dynamic team contributing to a large number of projects and initiatives.
Who You Are
You're a resourceful Coordinator with experience responsibly taking projects from concept to execution. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- Experience creating and maintaining project documentation
- Extremely detail-oriented, while maintaining big-picture vision
- Strength in internal communication - both written and verbal
- Experience with calendaring for multiple teams with Google Apps/Drive
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and successfully manage multiple deadlines
- Sound judgment, discretion, and ability to properly handle confidential and sensitive information
- Experience handling projects from concept to execution - ability to incorporate learnings from previous projects to ensure continuous improvement
- Excitement about working in a startup environment that requires constant adaptability and flexibility
- Intellectually curious, with outstanding problem-solving skills
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Passionate about our mission to improve healthcare through technology
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- Proven interest in healthcare, clinical research and/or oncology
- Experience working at a technology company
- Experience in a customer support role
- Demonstrated desire to build a mission-driven career
- Experience working in an in-house legal department, compliance department, or law firm providing support to a team
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.