Are you ready for a new challenge?
Celonis is the leader in business transformation software, turning process insights into action with The Celonis Intelligent Business Cloud, built on the process mining technology it pioneered. For Global 2000 companies, transforming to an intelligent enterprise has become a key strategic priority. Celonis disrupted what had previously been a manual, time-consuming and expensive consulting-driven approach to jump-start and operationalize change in transformation initiatives. Companies around the world including Siemens, L’Oreal, Uber, 3M, Lufthansa and Vodafone rely on Celonis technology to guide action and drive change to business processes, resulting in millions of dollars saved and an improved experience for their customers. Headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York, New York, Celonis has grown 5,000% in 4 years and 300% in the past year. In 2019, Celonis reached a $2.5 billion valuation, after receiving a $290 million Series C funding round. Since opening its US headquarters in New York in September 2016 it has quickly added blue chip customers like Lockheed Martin, ExxonMobil, Honeywell, and Mars to its client roster. The US is the fastest growing region for Celonis and will soon exceed 50% of its total revenue. In addition to its offices in the UK, Netherlands, and Japan, Celonis is expanding US offices in New York, San Francisco, Raleigh, Ann Arbor, as well as Latin America.
The Corporate Counsel, Channels and Alliances will be part of Celonis’ global Legal and Compliance organization and report to the Legal Director, Channels and Alliances. The Corporate Counsel will be part of a close-knit team of commercial legal experts in the US and Europe and will play a key role in supporting Celonis’ various global channel programs, as well as provide additional legal support for other areas of the company as needed.
- Collaborate with the company’s sales, operations, marketing and finance groups to support its various channel programs.
- Draft, review, analyze and negotiate a wide variety of partner agreements (OEM, distributor, reseller, systems integrator technology partner, and other strategic alliance agreements), on-premise and hosted licensing/subscription agreements, and professional services agreements.
- Develop and maintain commercial contract templates.
- Provide training on a variety of topics to sales and other cross-functional teams.
- Support the procurement organization as needed.
- Contribute to ongoing process improvement, reduction of friction and problem solving within areas of Legal and Compliance.
- Interact with and advise senior stakeholders (including C-Suite and Executive Management) regarding legal and business issues including identifying, managing and communicating risks and opportunities associated with specific agreements, business objectives and initiatives.
- Further Celonis’ business, financial and risk management objectives through diligent, proactive and creative lawyering.
- Undergraduate degree and a law degree/JD from highly regarded schools
- Active bar membership
- 7+ years combined experience in law firm and/or in-house legal department including significant drafting and negotiation experience in relation to software/technology license/cloud and professional services agreements
- Experience in supporting quota-carrying, enterprise-level sales personnel is strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of regulatory matters, including international data protection, corporate compliance and export/trade restrictions
- Excellent interpersonal, written/verbal communication and negotiation skills
- Highly responsive and service-oriented attitude
- Ability to independently organize, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-paced and demanding work environment
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with demanding internal clients and work effectively with remote team and management members
- Sound and practical business judgment
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.