About the Role
Are you tired of working in a large law firm or large institution and looking to transition into one of NYC's fastest scaling start-ups? Yieldstreet is hiring two in-house Corporate Counsel that have strong experience in corporate finance/structured finance/securitization and capital markets/securities laws. This candidate will report directly to our General Counsel and work closely with the Investment and Origination teams in processing new debt and equity investments and offerings in asset classes including litigation finance, art, commercial, consumer, real estate, and structured notes. You will lead and manage the legal aspects of each transaction from inception of the investment to closing and the offering of securities on Yieldstreet’s platform. We expect you to live and breathe complex transactions, innovative structures and securities offerings.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with the investment team to structure and close U.S. and cross-border transactions and negotiate, draft and manage related loan and investment documentation in various asset classes, including litigation finance, art, commercial, consumer, structured notes, third-party funds and real estate
- Negotiate, draft and manage participation and asset purchase agreements, loan agreements, operating agreements, joint venture agreements, and loan facility documentation in the context of a direct lender, participant, or equity investor, as well as other investment documentation, as the context may require
- Negotiate, draft and manage private placement memoranda, subscription agreements, limited partnership agreements and side letters for newly-created funds
- Develop an expertise in Yieldstreet’s offering vehicles and structures and work across teams at Yieldstreet to expand our distribution network through improved vehicles and new and innovative structures
- Structure, negotiate and manage warehouse and leverage facilities to funds
- Work on securities offerings' disclosure documents and related issues for origination and offering documentation
- Attend to corporate governance issues for Yieldstreet and its affiliates
- Attend to various filing requirements for Yieldstreet’s regulated 40 Act closed-end fund as well as other funds as required
- Negotiate vendor contracts, non-disclosure agreements and other commercial agreements as necessary
- Assist with the general legal needs of Yieldstreet and liaise with various teams and stakeholders both internally and externally
What you'll need:
- 7 - 10 years of legal experience in a law firm and/or in-house experience
- Expertise in corporate finance/structured finance/securitization and capital markets/securities laws
- Strong expertise with complex transactions
- Experience with funds a plus
- Strong communication skills, and be exceptionally organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task and manage various projects, meet deadlines, excel under pressure, and work independently
Yieldstreet is building the largest global digital wealth management platform to change the way wealth is created. With an investor-first approach, our investor community builds a diversified portfolio of investments outside of the stock market to generate passive income. Yieldstreet is giving unprecedented access to asset classes such as Real Estate, Marine, Legal, Art & Private Business Credit. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices in Brazil, Argentina, Malta and Greece.
We offer an attractive market compensation and benefits package including a stock option plan, health, dental & vision benefits, life insurance, unlimited paid vacation, sabbatical and paid holidays and that's before you even step in the office!
This is an opportunity to work with a group of diverse, smart, and friendly people from 8 different countries who speak a total of 17 different languages. Our team is composed of successful entrepreneurs with combined exits of over $2B, and we continue to stay social during the pandemic with virtual social hours, exercise classes, meditation sessions, recipe sharing and so much more!
Yieldstreet is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.