Corporate Counsel at CLEAR
CLEAR helps create safer, easier experiences everywhere you go. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics – your eyes, face, and fingerprints – we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, venues and more. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a person’s digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk and restore peace of mind.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List for the third year in a row and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing frictionless experiences and technology for our partners and 7+ million members.
CLEAR is looking to expand our in house legal team! The ideal candidate is a business-minded and self-motivated attorney with at least 4 years of experience. In this position, successful candidates will interface with business team leaders to support CLEAR's legal needs as we expand into a range of opportunities in entertainment, travel & hospitality, financial services, aviation, healthcare and more. This role will report to the General Counsel.
What You Will Do:
- Provide day-to-day legal support to business teams and develop strategies for handling legal issues in creative ways as a business partner
- Partner with our tech and security teams in drafting and negotiating complex agreements with partners and service providers
- Partner with our growth team on commercial deals that help grow our business
- Work directly with colleagues across CLEAR to analyze legal risks, solve creative solutions and develop strong, trusted advisor relationships while maintaining a big picture view of business needs and company goals
- Coordinate with other internal functions to ensure internal business alignment and compliance with laws, rules, and regulations.
- Understand, manage, and advise key stakeholders of legal and business risks.
Who You Are:
- 4+ years of experience at a law firm or in-house as a transactional attorney
- A law degree from an accredited law school and admission to practice law in New York
- You enjoy working directly with non-lawyers to minimize and resolve issues quickly and effectively.
- You want responsibility and autonomy to solve problems
- You have a proven track record of providing proactive, pragmatic legal counseling to business partners.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to facilitate collaborative solutions.
- Strong personal credibility with ability to build trusted relationships with senior business leaders and frontline team members alike
- Excellent business communication and analytical skills, as well as a strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Demonstrate a naturally business-friendly approach to legal problem solving and effective counsel as well as creative solutions.
- Strategic thinker able to partner successfully with a wide variety of business groups and stakeholders