Since our inception in 2009, Foursquare has been a leading force in changing how location information enriches our real-world and digital lives. As a location intelligence company, Foursquare is comprised of two well-known consumer apps, Foursquare and Swarm, as well as thriving media and enterprise products. Our B2B offerings include Places (for developers), Pinpoint and Attribution (for marketers), and Place Insights (for analysts, based on the world's largest foot traffic panel). With more than 250+ people across our offices in New York, San Francisco, Chicago and in sales offices around the globe, we’re dedicated to our trailblazing mission—enriching consumer experiences and informing business decisions with location intelligence.
About this role:
We are looking for a Corporate Counsel to join our small legal team and to provide legal protection to Foursquare and our employees. This individual will report directly to Foursquare’s General Counsel and will be responsible for many day to day legal issues facing the company. This individual will interact with clients, draft and negotiate contracts, resolve disputes, and have an opportunity for continued growth and development.
- Review, draft, and negotiate a wide variety of commercial agreements, including master services, licensing, professional services, marketing, and vendor agreements; partner with relevant business stakeholders as necessary
- Assist with corporate, M&A, intellectual property, privacy, litigation, employment, international and other legal matters as required
- Provide strategic legal advice and counsel on a broad range of legal topics
- A Bachelor’s Degree, a Juris Doctor from an accredited U.S. law school, and a license to practice law in at least one U.S. jurisdiction
- 2-5 years of experience practicing law at a law firm or in-house (or a combination of both)
- Experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements, including licensing agreements
- Business judgment and ability to assess legal risk while providing practical advice
- Enthusiastic team member who enjoys taking ownership of projects, building relationships cross-functionally and working on cutting-edge legal issues
- Technology, IP and privacy experience is a plus