Foursquare is a technology company that enriches consumer experiences and informs business decisions through location intelligence. A community of more than 50 million people use the Foursquare City Guide and Foursquare Swarm apps and websites to discover new places, explore the world and check in. They have written more than 95 million tips and checked in over 12 billion times. Foursquare powers location data for Snapchat, Apple, Uber, Twitter and 125,000 other developers. Foursquare’s business solutions also include Pinpoint, Attribution, Pilgrim SDK and Foursquare Analytics, which empower brands to understand and connect to targeted audiences as well as measure foot traffic and advertising success.
About this role:
We are looking for a Corporate Counsel to join our small legal team and to provide legal protection to Foursquare and our employees. This individual will report directly to Foursquare’s General Counsel and will be responsible for many day to day legal issues facing the company. This individual will interact with clients, draft and negotiate contracts, resolve disputes, and have an opportunity for continued growth and development.
- Review, draft, and negotiate a wide variety of commercial agreements, including master services, licensing, professional services, marketing, and vendor agreements; partner with relevant business stakeholders as necessary
- Assist with corporate, M&A, intellectual property, privacy, litigation, employment, international and other legal matters as required
- Provide strategic legal advice and counsel on a broad range of legal topics
- A Bachelor’s Degree, a Juris Doctor from an accredited U.S. law school, and a license to practice law in at least one U.S. jurisdiction
- 2-5 years of experience practicing law at a law firm or in-house (or a combination of both)
- Experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements, including licensing agreements
- Business judgment and ability to assess legal risk while providing practical advice
- Enthusiastic team member who enjoys taking ownership of projects, building relationships cross-functionally and working on cutting-edge legal issues
- Technology, IP and privacy experience is a plus