As the founding member of Riskified’s US Legal team, you will collaborate with senior leadership and outside counsel to develop systems, frameworks, and policies to ensure Riskified’s regulatory compliance and risk mitigation. You will partner with the global legal team on all day-to-day legal activities including contracts, employment matters, company transactions and litigation. In short, we are looking for someone to pioneer our US Legal department and help drive the business forward.
Riskified is the world's leading eCommerce fraud-prevention company. We use cutting-edge technology, machine learning algorithms, and behavioral analytics to outsmart eCommerce fraud and help our merchants grow. Riskified has reviewed hundreds of millions of transactions and approved billions of dollars of revenue for merchants across virtually all industries, including a number of Fortune 500 companies.
- Oversee all legal and compliance affairs for Riskified’s US business and advise the executive team and management at all levels of the organization accordingly
- Provide professional advice with regards to contracts, vendor agreements, inquiries, commercial regulations, data protection, privacy and security addendums, software-related agreements/licenses, advertising and consumer protection, HR/employment, and compliance-related issues and the day-to-day legal aspects of a fast-growing fintech corporation
- Draft and adapt a wide variety of commercial agreements, including Client/Partner contracts, vendor agreements, NDAs, MSAs, etc.
- Ensure compliance with international laws and regulations relating to privacy, consumer protection, data protection, security, content, intellectual property, and other relevant laws
- Formulate, implement and manage internal governance policies to ensure global regulatory and legal compliance
- Anticipate and identify legal risks globally, stay abreast of various regulatory developments, and use critical thinking to provide proactive and strategic solutions to eliminate or mitigate those risks
- Develop and lead strategic solutions to complex multinational risk management matters to further Riskified’s business goals
- Research unique legal issues impacting the organization including those specific to payments and international startups
- Provide ESOP administration support
We are a fast-growing and dynamic startup with 250 team members between our offices in Tel Aviv and New York City. We value collaboration and innovative thinking. We’re looking for bright, driven, and passionate people to grow with us.
Some NYC Benefits & Perks:
- Fully-covered medical, dental, and vision insurance from your first day
- Stock options for all employees, 401(k) + matching, commuter benefits
- Catered lunch, team events, healthy snacks, yoga, pilates, soccer league, and more
Great Place to Work: Riskified
Crain's: Best Places to Work in New York City
BuiltInNYC: How Riskified Has Carried its Brand Across Continents
TechCrunch: Riskified Prevents Fraud on Your Favorite eCommerce Site
- JD from a top-tier law school along with good standing of the New York State Bar or eligibility to register as in-house counsel in New York
- At least 2 years of in-house legal experience -- this is a non-starter
- 4+ years of broad-based yet in-depth contract law and commercial experience
- Experience in payment card industry and security practices
- In-house experience with an international tech startup
- Understanding of current International Data Protection Legislation
- Your current portfolio includes technology-related commercial, corporate, and HR legal matters specific to Enterprise B2B operations, ideally concerning international and cross-border transactions
- Outstanding knowledge of commercial contract law and negotiation
- Above-average analytical skills and versatility in solving and managing legal issues
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are a non-negotiable
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for other than practical training