Reporting to directly to our General Counsel, the Corporate Counsel will be charged with managing core legal functions that power Knotel, including with respect to securities, mergers and acquisitions, equity matters, international expansion, corporate governance and certain commercial and real estate matters. S/he will be responsible for ongoing investor and partner relationships as well as assisting with objectives for strategic transactions.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide support to, and often lead, corporate transactional work, including equity and debt financings, M&A, and other strategic transactions. This includes coordinating among the legal, finance, and corporate development teams and external counsel.
- For strategic transactions, lead deal structuring, plan and assist with due diligence, draft and negotiate deal agreements, and actively manage deal process and execution.
- Advise and support corporate governance matters, including subsidiary formation and administration.
- Manage relationships with outside counsel and lead cross-functional workstreams with internal departments.
- Provide advice on corporate governance best practices, including assistance on general board and shareholder matters, the formation of corporate governance policies, securities filings, and coordination of stock or equity issuance.
- Manage expansion into new markets, including engaging local counsel.
- Work with our People Operations team on employment matters and internal policies
- Draft and negotiate customer sales agreements, commercial partnership agreements, and services agreements.
- Build and manage machinery and tools that can scale to keep up with Knotel’s rapid growth.
Who You Are
You have an entrepreneurial spirit and product driven mindset. You’re excited by the challenges that come along with building a disruptive business and this role is exciting to you because you want to build and improve internal process, policies and products at high growth company. You pride yourself on your judgment and ability to act decisively in situations requiring quick but thorough analysis and decision-making. You’re detail-oriented, have strong organizational and communication skills, are able to prioritize and re-prioritize based on changing business needs, and thrive in fast-paced outcomes-driven organizations. You also have the following:
- Have at least 4-8 years experience in corporate transactional work, ideally at both a law firm and in-house with a technology-driven growth company
- Hands on experience with technology transactions, mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance matters
- Have a JD from a top accredited law school and exceptional academic credentials
- Are a member in good standing of the New York bar, or eligible to register as in-house counsel in New York
Knotel is transforming the office market with its Agile HQ™ Platform. Making long-term leases a thing of the past, Knotel designs, builds, and operates custom spaces for established and growing brands, so they can be free to grow their businesses at will and build what’s never been built.
Named a Business Insider Top 50 Startup and New York's Hottest New Workspace Model, Knotel has over 50 locations across more than 1 million square feet in New York, San Francisco, London, and Berlin. Founded in 2016, Knotel has raised $100 million in funding. Knotel’s member network includes companies like Starbucks, Cheddar, and King. Visit www.Knotel.com.
Our Core Values
Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
Don’t Look Away- Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
Outcomes, Not Processes- Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey.
Get Uncomfortable- Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
“Where is it Engraved…”- Question orthodoxy.
Share in the Victory Dance- No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work.This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives outlined here.