Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
Meetup is looking for a Corporate Counsel to join our fast-moving and business-savvy legal team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a legal team serving an innovative and mission-driven tech company within the WeWork family. Meetup lawyers partner with internal business counterparts and collaborate with one another and members of the WeWork legal team to support the Meetup business.
What you’ll get to do in this role:
- Draft, review, negotiate, and advise on a wide variety of contracts, including services, vendor, partnership, events, and other agreements
- Advise internal clients regarding Meetup’s rights, obligations, restrictions, and all other contractual provisions and financial aspects of our commercial contracts
- Develop processes for efficient and streamlined operations surrounding commercial transactions
- Advise on data privacy laws and cybersecurity issues and work with product teams to develop compliant products
- Advise on marketing, advertising, and other consumer regulatory issues
- Develop internal resources and training materials
- Remain current on broad range of laws and regulations relating to the tech industry
- Partner with WeWork legal team and external counsel
What we’re looking for:
- JD with high academic achievements
- 3+ years of transactional experience at top-tier law firm, or at a combination of top-tier law firm and in-house roles
- Passion about technology and working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate complex legal points and concepts to a diverse array of cross-functional internal stakeholders
- Ability and judgment required to understand the balance between business needs and legal risk
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal clients and other members of the Meetup and WeWork legal teams
- Positivity, confidence, self-motivation, drive, independence, and a sense of humor
If your experience fits some but not all of what’s listed, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?