Corporate Counsel at Covera Health
About the company
At Covera Health, we have proven that advanced data science can prevent serious misdiagnoses which result in poor outcomes for patients and increased costs for payers. Using our proprietary framework, we help patients recover better, faster, and more affordably. Today, we are working with some of the largest healthcare payers in the country to potentially impact millions of patient lives. We are passionate about improving healthcare for every patient.
About the role
We are looking for a talented Corporate Counsel to join us in our commitment to improve the quality of care for patients in every community across the nation.
As Corporate Counsel at Covera Health, you’ll be responsible for leading and coordinating all legal, regulatory, and contracting matters. You’ll work closely with members of the executive leadership team regarding customer, vendor, and partner relationships, as well as on insurance, compliance, and corporate governance matters.
You will be expected to:
- Provide expert legal advice to management.
- Anticipate legal issues and estimate risks strategically.
- Manage all of the Covera Health’s legal documentation and contracts, including but not limited to, customer contracts, vendor contracts, data use agreements, non-disclosure agreements, partnership structure proposals, etc.
- Help ensure all legal arrangements comply with appropriate regulations, including but not limited to, HIPAA.
- Interface with external parties like outside counsel, regulators, client legal departments, etc.
- Deal with complex, significant matters that cut across legal and related areas.
- Stay abreast of any legislative and regulatory changes.
- Perform other duties and contribute to additional initiatives/projects, as deemed appropriate by the management team.
- J.D. degree.
- 3-7 years of experience, with a strong preference for healthcare experience at a big law firm combined with in-house experience at a healthcare company (ideally in a high-growth, fast-paced startup environment).
- General knowledge of the digital health industry and the relevant legal and regulatory issues, with particular experience dealing with HIPAA compliance matters and healthcare data rights issues as applied to a digital health company.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Proven track record of general counseling in business environment.
- Overall broad legal knowledge (corporate law, litigation, employment law, etc.).
- Experience managing outside legal counsel.
- In-depth understanding of the impact of legal issues on organizations.
- Ability to develop legal strategy and objectives.
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills.
- First-class interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to anticipate legal issues and/or risks and to “see around the corner”.
You will be a full-time employee with competitive salary, stock options, and great benefits. These benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance (with premiums fully covered), FSA, pre-tax commuter benefits, flexible paid time off, and a comfortable office space filled with a variety of quality snacks and beverages. Most importantly, you’ll get to know each of us and we love to work together to find solutions. We are a smart, fun, focused, and unique team of people who are truly passionate about changing healthcare for the better!