Corporate Counsel at CLEAR
CLEAR’s mission is to strengthen security and create frictionless experiences for consumers. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics - your fingerprints, eyes, and face - we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet or phone. Now in 60+ airports and other venues nationwide, you are your ID, credit card, ticket, reservation and more with CLEAR.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, we're working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 4+ million members across the country.
We’re looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, can effectively juggle multiple projects, and can switch gears at the drop of a hat (things change quickly around here!). Strong relationships with internal stakeholders are a must, and you’ll need to effectively collaborate with colleagues around the country to solve intricate problems. And finally, you must care deeply about the member experience and understand how your role can positively impact our organization.
What You Will Do:
- Draft and negotiate a wide variety of commercial agreements, including SaaS, master services, licensing, marketing and vendor agreements; partner with relevant business stakeholders as necessary.
- Assist with privacy, intellectual property, litigation, compliance and other legal matters.
- Provide pragmatic, effective legal advice to internal partners on a wide array of business and contractual issues.
- Partner with our business teams to help our company continue to grow while balancing legal risk.
Who You Are:
- You have a JD from a top law school and at least 6+ years of experience working at a law firm or as an in-house counsel
- You are used to working directly with your organization’s team members to minimize and resolve issues quickly and effectively
- You have a proven track record of providing proactive, pragmatic legal counseling to business partners
- You are a self-starter with a strong sense of urgency. You know how to act quickly and provide the appropriate counsel to internal stakeholders
- You have sound judgment; you know how to resolve complicated matters while maintaining integrity and confidentiality
- You have excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to facilitate collaborative solutions
- You are an excellent communicator with impeccable written, verbal, and presentation skills