BetterCloud is the first provider of SaaSOps solutions to manage and secure the digital workplace. Over 2,500 customers in 60+ countries rely on BetterCloud to automate processes and policies across a company’s SaaS application portfolio. A pioneer of the SaaSOps movement, the company established the first-ever “SaaS Application Management and Security Framework” via two published books entitled “The IT Leader’s Guide to SaaSOps” — Vol. 1: “A Six-part Framework for Managing Your SaaS Applications” & Vol. 2: “How to Secure Your SaaS Applications.” BetterCloud is headquartered in New York City with offices in San Francisco, CA and Atlanta, GA.
We’re looking for a Corporate Counsel that is a pragmatic and effective commercial and technology lawyer and wants to have some fun while tackling challenging - but rewarding - legal questions. Do you like to work in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment? Are you a problem solver that can explain complicated concepts in a simple way? Do you want to practice law at a high growth successful company? Do you have broad experience with SaaS contracts? Do you love (or at least don’t hate :D) redlining and negotiating contracts? Do you like cookies? If so, joining BetterCloud’s small but mighty Legal team might be the perfect fit for you!
In this role you will report directly to the VP of Legal Affairs. You will be the main legal partner for our sales, customer success, and partnership teams. You will also assist the VP of Legal Affairs and our Senior Counsel with employment, privacy, product counseling and strategic initiatives.
- JD or LL.M from accredited Law School.
- Member of the New York Bar (in good standing).
- 3 to 6 years of relevant experience (ideally combined between a highly-regarded law firm and an in-house legal department in a technology company).
- Experience negotiating SaaS contracts.
- Strong knowledge of GDPR and other data privacy and security laws (e.g., CCPA).
- Some experience with employment law.
- Attention to detail, detail and more detail.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, flexibility and responsiveness.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Strong core transactional legal experience.
- Ability to effectively create and implement new and scalable processes.
- Ability to work independently while having good judgment to escalate significant matters.
- Pragmatic mindset towards protecting the company from risk while enabling fast paced growth and innovation.
- Worked at a B2B software company.
- Experience with corporate law.
- Implemented or used contract management software.
- Experience negotiating distribution channels through resellers.
- Provide legal support to our sales and customer success teams on a broad range of commercial agreements - including NDAs, MSAs and DPAs - in support of new sales, upsells and renewals.
- Provide end-to-end contract support (i.e., advising, drafting, negotiating and readying for execution) for customer and vendor transactions.
- Support our partners and channel teams negotiating key relationships with resellers and strategic partners.
- Develop scalable training materials and regularly train the sales and customer teams in all things related to contracts.
- Create and implement scalable and safe processes, templates and/or playbooks to help the sales team expedite contract review and negotiation.
- Support our people ops. And recruiting teams with employment issues.
- Partner with the VP of Legal Affairs and Senior Counsel on the legal issues related to the strategic projects of the company.
- Apply innovative problem-solving skills and practical business judgment to minimize legal, compliance and regulatory risks for BetterCloud.
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of a contract management software.
Compensation | Benefits
- Career Growth
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
BetterCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.