Paxful is the people-powered marketplace for money transfers with anyone, anywhere, at any time. Imagine a world where everyone has equal access to finance, no matter who they are, or where they’re from. We're building it. Our mission is to empower the forgotten four billion unbanked, so they have control of their money in a way they've never had before.
Working across three offices in different time zones, the Paxful team serves our amazing community of 4 million strong. We build for people, not profits, and consider ourselves to be everyday heroes who don’t wear capes or masks. That’s why we launched Built with Bitcoin, a charitable initiative that aims to build 100 schools, water facilities, and entrepreneurial incubators in emerging markets all over the world. We want to show that bitcoin can have a positive impact and make real changes in the lives of people everywhere.
Reporting directly to our Deputy General Counsel, the Corporate Counsel will provide broad-based legal support for the Company. The ideal candidate must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and build positive client relationships with diplomacy and business acumen while providing solutions-driven and timely counsel and advice to a wide range of business partners on a broad range of commercial and transactional matters. The Corporate Counsel will be responsible for a broad range of commercial, regulatory and compliance matters and structuring, drafting and negotiating commercial transactions.
Paxful’s team embraces customer focus, tenacious problem-solving, collaboration, and the Corporate Counsel will contribute to this culture while pushing us to innovate and do our best work.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for drafting and negotiating commercial transactions (confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, LOIs, consulting agreements, etc.) with counterparties, customers, vendors and contractors;
- Work directly with internal business units on strategic commercial transactions, providing day-to-day advice and resolving issues that arise in new and existing commercial relationships and representing the Company on all aspects of the transaction;
- Manage all user facing legal issues, including compliance, Terms of Service violations, subpoena requests and other operational needs;
- Provide on-going legal counseling in intellectual property, data protection and security, labor and employment, general corporate and regulatory compliance;
- Prepare and maintain corporate documents such as meeting minutes, resolutions, bylaws and entity formation and structuring;
- Develop and manage client relationships within a high-energy, fast-paced, team-oriented environment while contributing to and fostering positive team morale and collaboration.
Who You Are
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and manage multiple projects with competing priorities in a fast-paced office
- Unwavering attention to detail and accuracy with uncompromising honesty and integrity
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to influence
- Dedication, hard work, tenacity and a strong work ethic
What We’re Looking For
- JD degree with strong academic credentials from a respected ABA accredited institution
- Licensed to practice law in New York
- Minimum 3 years’ experience, ideally with a prominent law firm and some in-house corporate experience
- Excellent contract & document drafting and negotiating abilities demonstrating an exceptional level of business savvy and sophistication
- Experience in fintech, cryptocurrency and/or P2P finance is a plus
- Ideal candidate has in-house technology experience, product review experience, and international experience
What We Offer
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits, flexible spending account, and 401(k) with 4% company matching
- Flexible working hours and generous paid time off
- Gym membership, massage, chiropractor, or other reimbursements (personal training, dance classes, etc.)
- Learning and development reimbursement (including online courses, certifications, conferences, seminars, etc.)
- One day a year to volunteer and serve your community
- Parental leave, including a one-time bonus to support a newborn, adoption, or foster placement
- Paxful’s COVID response: remote work, company-wide online events and weekly meal credits
Diversity & Inclusion at Paxful
At Paxful, we know that a diverse workforce fuels our individual and collective success. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are actively working to increase the diversity of experience and perspectives on our team and are looking for someone who can help continue to lead that process.
EEOC and Accommodations
Paxful is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
We’re also committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities. If you need any kind of accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, you can reach out to [email protected] and let us know how we can best help you.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other privacy laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full Privacy Notice is available at https://paxful.com/privacy-notice. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.