Corporate Paralegal at Peloton
Peloton is looking for a highly motivated Corporate Paralegal to join our growing corporate legal team. You will partner with in-house corporate attorneys on a broad range of matters relating to global subsidiary and legal entity governance and management, mergers and acquisitions, public company processes, corporate transactions, and general corporate projects, helping to create legal processes and efficiencies along the way. You will have the opportunity, and will be required, to work with Peloton’s senior management and key business partners.
- Assist the corporate legal team with on-going subsidiary and legal entity management and governance, local filings and registrations, director and officer communications related to these functions, and coordination across internal stakeholders and third-party service providers to ensure a robust global governance process
- Manage and maintain subsidiary governance database in coordination with third-party service provider(s), including repository of corporate records and documents, lists of directors and officers, and ongoing preparation of legal filings and required compliance materials
- Assist the corporate legal team across a wide range of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate debt and equity financings, investments and joint ventures, and related corporate matters, assisting with due diligence efforts and follow-on compliance as needed
- Assist with the preparation of appropriate draft documents, including agendas, corporate resolutions and meeting minutes for subsidiary board of directors and shareholder meetings
- Coordinate across functional areas including Legal, Tax, Finance/Treasury and business sponsors to drive efficiencies and implement repeatable processes
- Serve as custodian of corporate records and support the maintenance of subsidiary entity activity, jurisdictional qualifications to do business, and related entity and corporate governance items
- Research and analyze corporate governance items and track industry precedent and emerging trends
- Assist with special projects as needed, with the ability to work in an ever-changing environment
- Build productive relationships and feedback loops with the Legal, Tax, Finance, and senior business teams to drive efficiencies
- 5+ years of paralegal experience focusing on corporate governance, subsidiary/entity management, and mergers and acquisitions at in-house legal department and/or law firm
- Superior project management and organizational skills, with a focus on continuous process improvement
- Must be an independent and strategic thinker who is a strong team player (no job is too small or too large) and willing to take on additional responsibilities
- Enjoy working in a rapidly changing, disruptive business
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivation, strong work ethic, and the ability to juggle an array of tasks
- Bachelor’s degree required, and completion of ABA-approved paralegal program a plus
- Word processing and document management capabilities, including Microsoft Office document comparison, document management systems and communication and collaboration applications
- Familiarity with DocuSign, Ironclad, and entity/subsidiary management and other legal department management tools a plus
- Working knowledge of Google and/or Office Suite
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.