Corporate Paralegal at Latch
Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
Latch is seeking a Corporate Paralegal to join its small, growing legal team at an exciting, pivotal moment in the company’s growth. The Corporate Paralegal will be an integral member of the legal team in working to build and scale the corporate legal function of a cutting-edge technology company building world class hardware and software. We are looking for an experienced candidate with a background in public company securities, corporate governance, and contracts administration, with an interest in expanding their role as the legal department grows. Our ideal candidate is an avid learner who possesses exemplary organization, collaboration, and communication skills.
- Support all aspects of contracts administration, including process and procedures, training, contracts review, record keeping, and assisting with internal questions and requests
- Efficiently and accurately process contracts and other documents for timely approval and signature in accordance with company policies and procedures, including collaborating with stakeholders across the company, tracking progress of workflows, approvals and signatures, and following up with stakeholders where appropriate
- Maintain contract records to ensure completeness and accuracy of data throughout the contract lifecycle
- Develop user training materials and provide user training for the company’s contracts management system
Securities and Corporate Governance
- Work with internal and external legal counsel on SEC filings (including Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K, Section 16 reporting, proxy statements, and registration statements) in collaboration with various internal and external non-legal parties, including board members, senior management, our advisors, and our finance team
- Oversee day-to-day management and maintenance of our corporate governance records
- Manage the production of materials for board of directors meetings, committee meetings and other board matters and assist in the preparation of draft board and committee meeting minutes and resolutions and other necessary documentation
- Provide support for the annual meeting of shareholders, including preparing meeting materials, coordinating meeting logistics
- Preparation, distribution and completion of director and officer questionnaires
- Assist the Legal team in developing, implementing, and optimizing processes and systems to increase the efficiency of the legal department
- Develop and maintain systems and processes for storing the company’s legal files to ensure easy access and organization
- Support the development and implementation of legal and compliance policies and standard operating procedures
- Work on other special projects, as the legal department needs or the Corporate Paralegal’s interests arise
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and/or paralegal certificate
- 8+ years of paralegal experience, preferably with an in-house legal department, with ability to read, analyze and interpret legal documents
- Substantive experience in securities, corporate governance, and contracts management strongly preferred
- Superb attention to detail and excellent proofreading skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills, with an ability to effectively advance multiple projects while prioritizing and meeting deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities and written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to communicate and collaborate with individuals at all levels inside and outside of the organization in a positive and effective manner
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate good judgment in a fast-paced, high-growth, dynamic environment
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and Google Suite
- A positive attitude, collaborative mindset, and a desire to be part of a strong, supportive team
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 200+ team members working to reimagine modern buildings of today and drive evolution for the cities of tomorrow. Over half of our team members work in product development roles, and our team leverages established expertise in over 55 professional disciplines.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
Applicant Privacy Notice