Corporate & Securities Counsel at Peloton
Peloton is looking for a self-motivated, dynamic attorney with 5+ years of experience at a top law firm or in-house practice to join our growing legal team. As Corporate and Securities Counsel, you will be primarily responsible for supporting Peloton’s senior attorneys, Finance and People teams on all matters related to our public filings, corporate and tax structuring, and securities law compliance.
This position requires a thorough understanding of Peloton’s multifaceted business, including its suppliers, partners, members, and competitors, in order to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Assist the Financial Reporting team in the preparation and review of all of Peloton’s SEC filings, including Form 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, proxy statements, and Section 16 filings.
- Review external communications, including press releases, investor presentations, and other announcements, and significant internal communications
- Partner with the Investor Relations team on Regulation FD compliance oversight, investor engagement activities, and planning and executing Peloton’s Annual Meeting.
- Work closely with the People team to administer Peloton’s Insider Trading Policy and 10b5-1 plans, and related equity matters.
- Stay current on external governance trends, SEC and NASDAQ developments, and best practices in an evolving regulatory landscape
- Maintain and implement policies and procedures relating to securities law compliance and disclosure matters; work closely with our internal audit team on SOX compliance matters.
- Provide support for our Treasury and Accounting teams in the maintenance of our credit facilities and other financing arrangements.
- Oversee entity management and corporate filings (local, state, and national); serve as the primary liaison to our Tax and Accounting teams for questions related to our corporate entities.
- 5+ years’ experience at a top law firm or in-house role, with a focus on SEC reporting or securities law compliance and advisory work.
Please note, M&A or Capital Markets candidates without significant experience in managing public company reporting will not be the right fit for this role.
- In-depth knowledge of corporate and securities law (particularly SEC/NASDAQ rules and regulations).
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong business acumen and ability to advise on business-related legal issues.
- Must be an independent and strategic thinker who is a strong team player (no job is too small or too large) and willing to take on additional responsibilities.
- Superb organizational skills.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, disruptive business.
- Knowledge about the consumer tech world, familiarity with issues related to high growth, new public issuers is a plus.
- Member in good standing of the NY, CA, or comparable State Bar.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.