Corporate & Securities Counsel at Squarespace
Squarespace is looking for an experienced securities, corporate governance and corporate transactions attorney to join our Legal team. As a key part of our team, you will provide legal counsel in connection with a range of corporate activities, including financing arrangements, capital markets transactions and other strategic transactions. You will also provide legal advice and support with respect to stock plans, investor relations, shareholder outreach and governance matters and procedures.
You will report into our Senior Counsel and is based in our New York City headquarters.
At this time, all Squarespace employees are working remotely until June 2021. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 to determine if and when it is safe to return to our offices.
- Advise on securities law and capital markets matters, including governance trends, proxy advisor trends, SOX compliance, stock exchange rules and reporting requirements
- Work with Finance, Human Resources, Investor Relations and Communications teams on external communications, such as earnings releases and press releases
- Oversee relevant company policies for compliance and risk management, including insider trading, related party transactions, stock ownership and conflicts of interest, among other things
- Help with corporate secretarial matters, including the preparation of Board and Committee materials, D&O questionnaires and new director onboarding
- Participate in M&A, financings and other strategic transactions, and oversee credit facilities compliance
- Help with equity plan documents and equity plan administration matters
- Maintain inter-company agreements and advise on corporate structure matters, including participation in forming and unwinding of corporate entities and general subsidiary management
- Provide practical legal advice and support on a variety of topics, including real estate and facilities matters, insurance and litigation
- A minimum of 6 years experience; a combination of law firm and in-house experience
- Experience with executive compensation matters is a plus
- Experience with real estate matters is a plus
- Experience managing and leading diverse groups of stakeholders and corporate and securities matter
- Organized and diligent with a high attention to detail and a commitment to operational execution
- Strong team player with an interest in learning new areas of law and business and a willingness to take on additional responsibilities Admitted to and in good standing with at least one state bar
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.