Counsel (Disputes) at Peloton
Peloton is looking for a self-motivated, dynamic attorney with 5+ years of experience at a top law firm or in-house litigation practice to join our growing legal team. In this role, you will be primarily responsible for supporting Peloton’s senior attorneys and other internal clients across all locations and teams on litigation, pre-litigation, and insurance matters.
- Support Peloton’s senior attorneys on a broad spectrum of litigation and pre-litigation matters, both affirmative and defensive claims. Assist in managing outside counsel (including local counsel in non-US jurisdictions), serving as the primary contact from the Peloton Legal team on fact discovery and review of pleadings.
- Provide legal advice and guidance to various business partners on dispute avoidance and be primarily responsible for assisting our member-facing teams in de-escalation of any member support issues.
- Manage insurance claims and claims for indemnification where applicable, and report to the broader Peloton Legal & Compliance team on risk management strategies.
- Investigate, draft, and respond to cease-and-desist letters; analyze contracts and other agreements; draft and negotiate settlement agreements.
- Assist with litigation diligence in connection with potential business acquisitions, and support post-acquisition case management for completed transactions.
- 5+ years’ experience at a top law firm or in-house litigation practice; secondment or in-house experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of intellectual property rights and the legal issues that they present.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to simplify complicated legal concepts into “plain English” for your business partners.
- Collaborative and effective interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Strong business acumen and a creative problem solver.
- Experience with cross-border litigation in any of our non-US jurisdictions (currently the United Kingdom, Canada, Germany, and Taiwan) is a plus.
- Must be an independent and strategic thinker who is a strong team player (no job is too small or too large).
- Superb organizational skills with the ability to follow deadlines and multitask.
- Enjoy working in a fast-growing, disruptive business.
- Member in good standing of the NY, CA, or comparable State Bar.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.