Veeva is a mission-driven organization that aspires to help our customers in Life Sciences and Regulated industries bring their products to market, faster. We are shaped by our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. Our teams develop transformative cloud software, services, consulting, and data to make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do. Veeva is a work anywhere company. There are options for working from home, at a customer site, or in an office on any given day. As a Public Benefit Corporation, you will also work for a company focused on making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
Are you a seasoned attorney in the media or ad tech space looking to join the leading provider of advanced analytics solutions to the life sciences industry? Our solutions are used to address the complex marketing challenges of leading pharma companies and cutting-edge biotechs. If this appeals to you, keep reading – we want to talk.
Veeva is looking for an experienced attorney to support our marketing and media data team in the U.S. The team is dedicated to advancing healthcare marketing with analytics and innovative planning, targeting, measurement, and optimization solutions.
Positioned at the center of big data, innovative technology, and multichannel media, we provide our clients with insights to help make strategic business decisions and drive improved patient outcomes. Veeva knows that our employees are integral to our success, which is why we have created an inclusive culture where everyone can thrive. This is a remote position, but we are looking for someone on the U.S. East Coast.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with Product Strategy Team on a variety of agreements with media owners, television networks, ad tech platforms, and data providers; day to day legal support
- Develop legal strategy and contribute thought leadership. Solve complex business issues while putting appropriate legal protections in place to minimize risk
- Author, manage, and deliver agreements in support of our growing partner network. Including license agreements, master services agreements, statements of work, etc.
- Negotiate and secure core concepts and policies in contracts, concerning intellectual property, data licensing/usage
- Own and maintain contract roadmaps, ensuring that all institutional knowledge is properly tracked, deviations are recorded, and develop clause library which includes standard language and previously agreed upon terms for use in future contracts
- Implement policies and procedures for contract development to streamline and expedite senior leadership review and approval
- Establish and build good working relationships with internal clients, based on mutual trust and respect, as well as knowledge of the company’s business, needs, and goals
- Experience working with media and ad technology companies with an understanding of how media and data are bought, sold, and used as part of driving business outcomes. This includes television, video, digital, search, and how they interact together
- Experience with different kinds of commercial transactions (e.g., SaaS, analytics, strategic alliance, IP licensing, software licensing)
- Familiarity with privacy rules and regulations within the United States like CCPA and self-regulations from the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) or Network Advertising Initiative (NAI)
- Experience working on data and licensing for use in media
- Skilled at working cross-functionally and collaboratively with different departments
- Licensed attorney. Active status in a U.S. state bar (ideally where the position is located)
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a reputable law firm and/or in-house
Nice to Have
- Experience with the life sciences industry
- In-house media owner or ad-tech experience
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.